Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nikon Capture NX2 Question  (Read 1699 times)

itgp

Nikon Capture NX2 Question
« on: May 01, 2012, 03:14:22 pm »

Wasn't sure if it was more appropriate to ask this here - as I am a newbie and very much still learning, or in the Color Managment forum - but I decided to try here first. 

My question is in regard to an option in Capture NX2 during post work.  There is an option called "Pro Contrast" then a submenu with two sliders one is "Contrast" slider, and the other is a "Color Correction" slider.  What exactly does the "color correction" slider do?  And what is it for?  I've done a lot of searching online, but can't find a clear explanation.  From my research I suspect it's an option to help with color accuracy when printing your photos (of which there seem to be many different types of photo printers) - but I'm not sure.  Is it at all helpful for someone who's working on an uncalibrated monitor (I wouldn't think so).  Although I'm serious about my work I'm pretty much a hobbyist, and I typically simply share my pictures online.  I haven't actually printed any of my pictures yet.  Also, if I were to print I'd probably do it via a professional service and I know some offer color correction services right?

Ultimately, I suppose my question is - should I even bother with it as a part of my workflow?
Pages: [1]   Go Up