Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fuji X-Pro 1 firmware and lens firmware update available  (Read 2654 times)

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
Fuji X-Pro 1 firmware and lens firmware update available
« on: April 24, 2012, 09:30:45 am »

Hi,

Those with a X-Pro 1 there is a new firmware update for the body and the lenses, can be downloaded from the Fuji site, here are the fixes:

"The firmware update Ver.1.01 incorporates the following issues:

1.Reduction of chattering noise from iris of lenses in shooting mode.

2.Improvement of phenomenon that parallax compensation does not work under condition of manual focus with OVF bright frame mode.

3.Improvement of phenomenon that OVF quality as low visibility due to too bright OVF under the condition of power save mode during pressing the shutter button halfway.

4.Improvement of phenomenon that delete function does not work after viewing continues shooting mode images.

For activate above issues completely, firmware update for XF lens is also required.

Please update the firmware of XF lens.

Products Supported:

X-Pro1"

The lens shatter is great reduced, which is nice and the new frame lines is also nice.

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
Re: Fuji X-Pro 1 firmware and lens firmware update available
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 09:33:49 am »

phenomenon
Have the Japanese just discovered this word ? They use it on Canon's new firmware update today too.

The words fault, bug or problem seem to have fallen out of usage, strange that ;-)

OldRoy

• http://
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 01:03:05 pm »

Now if only they can find a firmware fix that enables spectacle wearers to get both the OVF and EVF in focus. Some of us like a sharp VF as well as sharp snaps. OTOH this incomprehensible, er, phenomenon - the omission of an adjustable eyepiece - has saved me about £3.5K.

But the lens "shattering" is an alarming new development and, I suspect, not susceptible to firmware fixes. ;)

I'm sure the "Pro" 3 will be a very nice camera: unfortunately by that stage I'll no longer be able to afford one.

Roy

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 01:33:22 pm »

I wear glasses and have no problems with the ovf or the evf. You can get diopters, the cosina ones are recommended. The chattering noise is now gone. It is a nice camera, won't replace my dslrs but makes a nice supplement. Just need to get Lightroom/ACr support.

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA

Rob C

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 01:55:50 pm »

A camera that was released too soon?

Rob C

OldRoy

• http://
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 03:54:11 pm »

I wear glasses and have no problems with the ovf or the evf. You can get diopters, the cosina ones are recommended. The chattering noise is now gone. It is a nice camera, won't replace my dslrs but makes a nice supplement. Just need to get Lightroom/ACr support.

Alan
When I tried it the ovf was fine on the standard eyepiece but the evf was totally oof. I wondered what might happen if I remedied the latter with a different value diopter - not that the shops selling the gear have them available to try, which is ridiculous. When I suggested that my purchase might swing on the difference I was told by one company that it was "too expensive to keep them all in stock".
As it is, I can live without this camera; there's a sort of hysteria that one gets caught up in when a new camera that almost fits the bill is released.. Joking aside, in two years' time I'll be interested to see what has developed.
Roy
Pages: [1]   Go Up