Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon Lens fell in creek  (Read 2656 times)

cranberrycoho

Canon Lens fell in creek
« on: April 24, 2012, 01:52:17 am »

My 70-200 lens fell in a creek yesterday and was in the water for a few seconds before I grabbed it, took off the elastic bands and aired out for the day... seems to work now that it's dried out but it will need cleaning as a bit of water entered the lens and left water marks on the glass. Any recommendations for a company to use? I'm in BC. Thanks! Cindy

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: Canon Lens fell in creek
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 08:46:59 am »

Canon,  only company I would let take that particular lens apart. 

They have two service centers in US, west and east coast, not sure about Canada.

You will need to have the entire lens cleaned as water inside will possible create fungus and
other problems later on.  Glad to hear you didn't break one of the elements.  :D

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

jonathan.lipkin

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 08:56:41 am »

If you join Canon Professional Services at the gold level - you need to have two pro bodies and a few pro lenses, I think  - it costs you $100, but you get two cleanings free per year, and 30% off repairs. You also get priority service for repair turnaround. I think what this means is they move you to the head of the line when your gear comes in. Of course, this means that if you don't have CPS, you get bumped to the end when CPS gear comes in...

Colorado David

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 10:42:59 am »

I fell in a creek in Southeast Alaska with a video camera.  From personal experience, the sooner you get it taken care of, the better.  Don't wait around.
Pages: [1]   Go Up