Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: After using Canon 5D III and Nikon D800  (Read 39109 times)

new_haven

Re: After using Canon 5D III and Nikon D800
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2012, 08:23:29 pm »

Movie mode will have a crop factor. What about switching to aperture priority and then switching back to manual mode?

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2012, 08:59:52 pm »

Movie mode will have a crop factor. What about switching to aperture priority and then switching back to manual mode?

Yep, that words too.

Cheers,
Bernard

asf

• http://www.adamfriedberg.com
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2012, 07:31:01 am »

The live view of the D800 is designed to provide a faithful idea of the resulting exposure.

In landscape situations, the simplest workaround to brighten temporarily live view is probably to switch from photo live view (the target correct exposure is set) to video live view where a slower shutter speed is set to make focusing easier.

Cheers,
Bernard

So changing the shutter speed in live view doesn't affect the brightness of the live image? What is the difference in shutter speed between the correct exposure according to the meter and an appropriately "correct" (in brightness) live view image?

I really should get my hands on one of these things but if you have to change modes to adjust the exposure/brightness of the live view I can see how this would be frustrating to Canon users who are used to exposure simulation (which works perfectly with Canon lenses, less perfectly with non-Canon lenses).

Does the d800 come with the required tethering software in Japan? 

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2012, 08:07:39 am »

Ray

I agree with you the AF of the D800 is not crap - on the contrary it is very good.  I wonder if some of the early cameras had a problem?

Thanks David,

I certainly hope it is, I will find out later. I just got informed my D800e has arrived. I will be picking it up this afternoon.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up