Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aperture Trial Version  (Read 7387 times)

Gerry Walden

• My Home Page
Aperture Trial Version
« on: April 16, 2012, 05:19:14 pm »

The trial version of Aperture has been withdrawn by Apple. Does this herald the launch of Aperture 4 or the demise of Aperture all together?

Gerry
Gerry Walden
www.gwpics.com

RobSaecker

• robsaecker.com
Re: Aperture Trial Version
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 09:23:18 pm »

Or, maybe they're moving distribution entirely to the Mac App Store.
Rob
photo blog - http://robsaecker.com

Gerry Walden

• My Home Page
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 01:24:18 am »

There is on the Apple site:

"The trial version of Aperture is no longer available. If you currently have a copy of the Aperture 3 Trial installed on your Mac, you must delete it from your Applications folder before downloading Aperture 3 from the Mac App Store."

Gerry
Gerry Walden
www.gwpics.com

JohnNewman

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 05:59:21 am »

The trial version of Aperture has been withdrawn by Apple. Does this herald the launch of Aperture 4 or the demise of Aperture all together?

Gerry

I don't think for one moment that Aperture will be killed off and various (usually) reliable sources say that Aperture 4 isn't far off.  My main concern is that A3 is very slow with the 24mp files from my Nex 7.  Compared to LR4, which I'm trialling, it's like a carthorse compared to a thoroughbred.  But I like it for all sorts of other reasons and am hoping that a newer version will have a speed bump.  iPhoto certainly speeded up in its latest iteration so I'm hopeful that A4 will do the same. 

Other than that, I think Apple are just forcing everyone through the App Store.  Everything Apple these days seems aimed at the Facebook generation which as an Apple user of some 25 years, I'm a bit narked about but that's progress, right?

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up