Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shooting Weddings?!  (Read 20053 times)

JMPhoto

• Kansas City Photography: Weddings, Portraits, & More
Re: Shooting Weddings?!
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2012, 06:56:52 pm »

I have never shot a co-workers or close friends wedding. I have shot numerous acquaintances though (my friend knew a friends sisters brother that needed a photographer type deal)

The only problem I have ever had was at a wedding I was shooting for a girl I used to go to high school with (didn't even know we went to high school together) apparently she had a friend who was a 'professional' photographer taking shots as well. I didn't really mind, I just kept doing my thing until after the ceremony we were grabbing some quick shots at the alter with just the bride and groom. I had about 15 mins to clear the room for the hotel workers to come in and clear it. The 'professional' photographer friend started directing and posing them  >:(

I kept my cool though, took a few shots and after we blew our time limit out of the water I explained we needed to move on as we are on a strict deadline

the other 'professional' photographer was pretty pissed but bride was happy and cool so whatever

I was pulling my hair out after that though

leeonmaui

Re: Shooting Weddings?!
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2012, 05:25:27 pm »

Aloha,

OMG I did one, For the director of a gallery that I exhibited with, I turned the guy down like 10 times,and even recommended a friend of mine that does them for a living; then I finally agreed to to do it free of charge...

It's a lot like work!
No fun at all, a complete waste of my joy when holding my camera in my  hand.

Once the wedding over, you have to go find another one, no weddings no money, I know a very successful girl that gets flown all over to shoot weddings and has developed a great wedding photography business, she hates it, always chasing the next wedding and stressing  all the time.

The attached image will bring me six figures, drove to the location a bunch of times over a period of a month, and waited for it, no stress...

I have a very great amount of respect for anyone that does wedding photography for a living!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up