Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I Turned Forty...  (Read 5545 times)

Rob C

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25146
I Turned Forty...
« on: March 19, 2012, 01:08:50 pm »

Ay, Bernard, be patient; life begins at fifty. Okay, it ends with the pension, but fifty still rocks. I remember that well! Wise? Wiser? You are as wise at thirty as you are at sixty. It's genetic, not accumulative. Just like talent. ( ;-) )

Rob C

Dave Millier

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 146
    • Whispering Cat Photography
Re: I Turned Forty...
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 05:56:41 pm »

I turn 50 in 4 weeks - and I still have my D100!



Ay, Bernard, be patient; life begins at fifty. Okay, it ends with the pension, but fifty still rocks. I remember that well! Wise? Wiser? You are as wise at thirty as you are at sixty. It's genetic, not accumulative. Just like talent. ( ;-) )

Rob C
Logged
My website and photo galleries: https://www.whisperingcat.co.uk/wp

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22813
  • http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: I Turned Forty...
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 06:56:03 pm »

Happy birthday, Bernard!

Rob is right: 50 is a good age to look forward to. And so is 60, and even 70 if you play your cards right.
And my mother feels that way about 80, 90, and 100, too. She's still having fun.

So take good care of those Nikons, and keep exercising them regularly!

Cheers,

Eric
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

marcmccalmont

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1780
Re: I Turned Forty...
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 08:43:35 pm »

Well I turned 55.5 lucky you!
Marc
Logged
Marc McCalmont

RichDesmond

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 105
Re: I Turned Forty...
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 09:18:33 pm »

Happy birthday Bernard!!
Enjoy your 40s, it's arguably the best decade of life.  :)
Logged

wolfnowl

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5824
    • M&M's Musings
Re: I Turned Forty...
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 01:54:21 am »

Happy Birthday, Bernard!  I remember forty, sort of... Okay, not really.

And to Rob, the mother of a former co-worker got her Masters degree in Botany... at 83.  Life keeps on rolling!!

Mike.
Logged
If your mind is attuned t

BJL

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 6600
Re: I Turned Forty...
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 08:32:16 am »

"So young and yet so talented" ;)

At 40, you might be the boy of the old men's club of long-time LuLa participants.

Anyway, please do try out the D800 on some action and emotion shots like the World Cup ones, to take it out of the comfort zone (yours and its?) of carefully constructed and edited nature scenes.
Logged

Rob C

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25146
Re: I Turned Forty...
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 09:50:50 am »

Happy Birthday, Bernard!  I remember forty, sort of... Okay, not really.

And to Rob, the mother of a former co-worker got her Masters degree in Botany... at 83.  Life keeps on rolling!!

Mike.



Grandma Moses hasn't escaped my notice either...

;-)

Rob C

Pelao

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 198
Re: I Turned Forty...
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 05:51:50 pm »

Cool tale. Happy birthday.

I was watching my wife use a 300D / Dig Rebel the other night, and realized that next year it will be 10. It may be slow and cludgy compared to some, but she makes some great captures with it. She knows it inside out, and it simply delivers.
Logged

Craig Lamson

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3264
    • Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
Re: I Turned Forty...
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 07:20:06 pm »

Age is a state of mind...until you look in the mirror.

40, oh to have two decades back :)
Logged
Craig Lamson Photo

NicoChina

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 30
    • nicolasharter.com
Re: I Turned Forty...
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2012, 07:35:22 pm »

Bon anniversaire Bernard

Logged

Gordon Buck

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 460
    • LightDescription
Re: I Turned Forty...
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2012, 08:29:51 pm »

"I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now." - Dyan

I now express my age in Celsius (although it is still Centigrade to me) -- makes me feel younger.



Logged
Gordon
 [url=http://lightdescription.blog

wolfnowl

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5824
    • M&M's Musings
Re: I Turned Forty...
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2012, 01:15:45 am »

I now express my age in Celsius (although it is still Centigrade to me) -- makes me feel younger.

Gotta remember that one!

Mike.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled photography post.  I really am interested in hearing about the D800...
Logged
If your mind is attuned t

Ray

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 10475
Re: I Turned Forty...
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2012, 01:44:04 am »

Only 40, Bernard! Who would have thought it! You seem to have wisdom beyond your years.  ;D
Logged

BernardLanguillier

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 13980
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
Re: I Turned Forty...
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2012, 02:04:55 am »

Thank you for these kind words my friends.  ;)

Cheers,
Bernard

DaveCurtis

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 508
    • http://www.magiclight.co.nz
Re: I Turned Forty...
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2012, 03:36:25 am »

Now that you are 40 Bernard, I think you should sell all your Nikon gear and shoot Canon and medium format digital   ;)
Logged

Rob C

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25146
Re: I Turned Forty...
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2012, 05:02:25 am »

Now that you are 40 Bernard, I think you should sell all your Nikon gear and shoot Canon and medium format digital   ;)



No no, NO! That's for the mid-life crisis when you unload yourself of all the really good stuff in chase of a dream that is made of fine particles of bullshit.

You're reading the wise words of one such who sacrificed two 500 series and stuff for a 6x7, the first of two different brands, one as hopeless as the other...

Stay the course, Bernard; you'd finally just have to buy right back into Nikon as did I!

Rob C

DaveCurtis

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 508
    • http://www.magiclight.co.nz
Re: I Turned Forty...
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2012, 01:57:53 am »

Yes, I can't see the Good Ship Bernard altering course  :)
Logged

BernardLanguillier

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 13980
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
Re: I Turned Forty...
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2012, 05:58:07 am »

Yes, I can't see the Good Ship Bernard altering course  :)

Hum... it looks like my d800 will not be delivered tomorrow as I expected...

I am considering selling all my Nikon gear and moving to Canon. I have read the Dpreview Canon forum and it seems that the 5DIII is much superior anyway.

Cheers,
Bernard

francois

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14432
Re: I Turned Forty...
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2012, 06:21:33 am »

–
I am considering selling all my Nikon gear and moving to Canon. I have read the Dpreview Canon forum and it seems that the 5DIII is much superior anyway.
–

Bernard,
That's bad, really. Is this early dementia symptoms?

 ;D
Logged
Francois
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up