Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Processing Tiffs in DxO optics pro  (Read 3045 times)

erpman

Processing Tiffs in DxO optics pro
« on: March 16, 2012, 09:11:52 am »

I´m trying to use dxo optics pro for lens corrections on tiffs that I´ve already converted using a different raw-converter. The reason being that I like the level of detail and sharpness available in Raw Developer, but this program lacks lens corrections. Dxo seems very promising in this respect. However, when I open tiffs in DxO it refuses to apply automatic corrections like distortion-correction, probably because some of the lens information is lacking from the exif embedded by Raw Developer (I´ve made sure that exif is embedded in the tiff).

Is there any way around this? Is it for example possible to assign a lens module to an image, in order to use the same settings that dxo uses on raw files for this type of corrections?

Walter_temp

Re: Processing Tiffs in DxO optics pro
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 09:29:06 am »

Have you tried to backup all EXIF data from the unprocessed files and apply them to the TIFF image after conversion?
Exiftool is able to do this and Exifer, too.

And take a look into PTlens and Lightroom. They don't look after distance info for a more sophisticated lens correction but DxO does. And automation isn't PTlens strong side. Still worth a look.

Ciao, Walter
Pages: [1]   Go Up