Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Irritating new problem  (Read 14585 times)

benspinks

Irritating new problem
« on: March 15, 2012, 01:16:52 pm »

Hi There

I have been using Aperture with the Nik collection for a while now and have had no problems with it, but yesterday a problem developed that I've never seen before.  The image in Aperture (thumbnail) is not updating when leaving the external editor.  The effect has been added to the master, but not the thumbnail.  Even more weird is that if I click browser it shows the edit in the small thumbnail, but when I click on the image it comes up with nothing.  I also noticed that if I close Aperture and re-open it the thumbnail is updated. 

The only thing different between now and when it was working perfectly is that both Nik and Aperture have undergone updates.  If anybody is having the same problem or has a soloution I would be very grateful.  I don't really want to close and re-open Aperture after every edit, but it seems to be the only way to go for now.

Best Regards
Ben

RobSaecker

• robsaecker.com
Re: Irritating new problem
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 02:17:18 pm »

The couple times I've had problems similar to that, repairing the db has been the solution.
Rob
photo blog - http://robsaecker.com

benspinks

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 04:46:41 pm »

Hi Rob

Thanks for the suggestion.  I ran all three repair functions  (repair permissions, repair database and rebuild database) and it had no effect, sadly :-[.  Seems to be a fairly deep rooted problem.

BR
Ben 

JohnNewman

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 06:28:39 pm »

Hi Ben

I'm away from my Aperture library at the moment but, if memory serves me right, right-clicking on the image and selecting rebuild preview has done the trick when this has happened.

Regards

John

benspinks

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 04:46:38 am »

Hi John

Many thanks for the suggestion, but it doesn't seem to work with the problem I'm having.  I've emailed Nik about it so we'll see what they say.  If there's a solution I'll post it here for reference.   

Many thanks
Ben   

shuttersp33d

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 12:13:04 pm »

An easier work around would be to check an adjustment brick on and off. You should see the Preview update when you do that. You can also resize the window slightly. Not perfect, but better than quitting and re-starting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up