Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR4 - Reset development setting to "as imported" for multiple pictures?  (Read 1288 times)

wolfganghuber

Is there an easy way in LR4 for multiple pictures to reset the develepment settings to the status as they were imported in one go?

This is especially relevant for images that were changed by LR3 prior to importing. Even though you don't get the (pre-LR4) history of the images you may want to eradicate the LR4 changes only. The "Reset" button cancels out all settings including those inherited from a prior LR version.

You can go into the history and switch back to "import" there manually. For a couple of dozen images this can be quite tedious.

Thanks,

Wolfgang

wtlloyd

Re: LR4 - Reset development setting to "as imported" for multiple pictures?
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 11:32:26 am »

I, too, would like to see responses to this....I've a number of images that I used import presets on that I no longer think was such a good idea.....you can't go back in history to quickly remove these effects.

I image that starting a new LR4 catalog and importing RAWs without the sidecars fresh would be one way to go, one could selectively import those images that had saved metadata changes that were desired.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Re: LR4 - Reset development setting to "as imported" for multiple pictures?
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 11:39:01 am »

Assuming you haven't saved from Lr4 back to xmp (using Cmd S or Ctrl S or with the auto preference in catalog settings), just select the images in grid view and use Metadata > Read metadata from files.
Pages: [1]   Go Up