Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: too few fenceposts  (Read 11607 times)

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
Re: too few fenceposts
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2015, 08:51:33 am »

How did this 2012 turkey get revived?
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

stamper

« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2015, 09:19:19 am »

http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=97353.40;topicseen

It seems like Isaac has posted some images about two years that he is a bit coy about admitting. Slobodan seems to have outed him.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2015, 10:35:48 am »

... Slobodan seems to have outed him.

Not my intention. Just wanted to point out, matter-of-factly, that he did post one image in the past. Those requests to show his photography are becoming boring and annoying. I also said on another occasion and I want to repeat it here:

I think it is time to retire this request. We all asked for that at one time or another, some of us repeatedly, with no apparent result (other than thread closing). At this point, I can only assume there is a good reason for his reluctance. As a minimum, I've come to see it as a free will (to post or not to post) that should be left alone as such.

If Isaac decides to post his photography in the future, I am sure there will be a good deal of teasing, as usual, and I can not promise I wouldn't be a part of that. I can also promise, however, that I will try to help  and offer whatever "constructive" criticism I can.

pcgpcg

• paulglasser
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2015, 11:56:57 am »

I'd like to know whether others would even bother photographing a lone fence post like this one; and if you would, how your approach would differ?

Well the first question is hard to answer.  All I can say is that I would know it if I saw it. :)
In that case, if I thought a lone fencepost such as this one was worth photographing, my approach might differ in two ways:

1)   Show the whole post, but give it more space to breathe. It should feel alone, but not crowded. Also, provide a background that does not distract. The background area in your photo #1 is too small and it consists of two contrasting values, the darker of which is too similar in value to the fencepost. So, for example, I would like this better if there was more room around the post and the background was a large field of light-colored grass (like is present in the bottom area) with a plain light-colored sky above.

or...

2)   Move in for a close crop as in the third photo, but light the subject better and again, provide a background that is a different value from the subject. In this case that background should also be out of focus with no distracting bokeh.

(I don't think I ever figured out what such a photograph could be about.)
As time goes on, I find more peace and satisfaction in not analyzing, but just listening and going with my intuition.

stamper

« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2015, 12:39:00 pm »

Not my intention. Just wanted to point out, matter-of-factly, that he did post one image in the past. Those requests to show his photography are becoming boring and annoying. I also said on another occasion and I want to repeat it here:

I think it is time to retire this request. We all asked for that at one time or another, some of us repeatedly, with no apparent result (other than thread closing). At this point, I can only assume there is a good reason for his reluctance. As a minimum, I've come to see it as a free will (to post or not to post) that should be left alone as such.

If Isaac decides to post his photography in the future, I am sure there will be a good deal of teasing, as usual, and I can not promise I wouldn't be a part of that. I can also promise, however, that I will try to help  and offer whatever "constructive" criticism I can.

It was in fact three, but nothing to quibble over. Isaac could help himself more but it looks as he determined to carry on as he has always done. A shame because he can once in a while contribute positively to the forum but he seems it is only once in a while? I think he prefers to be a distraction. I shall do as you suggest and hope there is improvement in other areas. :-\

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2015, 01:12:29 pm »

If Isaac decides to post his photography in the future, I am sure there will be a good deal of teasing, as usual, and I can not promise I wouldn't be a part of that. I can also promise, however, that I will try to help  and offer whatever "constructive" criticism I can.

That's a nice sentiment, Slobodan, but I must, respectfully, disagree. I respect a great deal of Isaac's research; he comes up with some quite worthwhile links, but I don't think it's at all unreasonable to ask somebody as active on LuLa as Isaac to demonstrate that he has some idea through practice of what he's talking about.

I doubt there'd be teasing if Isaac posted some of his photographs. I've seen some pretty strong disagreement -- even some pretty nasty disagreement on here, but the only teasing I've seen has been in a light-hearted vein. I think that most criticism -- yours and mine, as well as the criticisms of others has been intended to be constructive, no matter how inaccurate it might have been.

Come on, Isaac, you're pretty good at fence posts. Let's see more.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Patricia Sheley

« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2015, 07:04:19 pm »

Isaac...

As this woman is actively and with passion undergoing her disappearing, she wishes to leave a thought or two beneath her pen should you wish to consider them at some point. You are free man...should you so choose. The contemplation and the time set apart to pursue that contemplation becomes in effect a mirror of your freedom...the infinite revelation to oneself of ones soul...not, should you linger, and yes return often, through seasons and strength and ill, any longer a "fencepost", but a place/space for what "other" awaits your awareness and recognition...
A common woman~

stamper

« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2015, 06:15:01 am »

This looks like Isaac's first and last post ..... with respect to an image. I am left wondering if someone should have told him if he posted an image for appraisal then there didn't actually need to be a post in the image? Any subject would have been valid....with a few exceptions, legal, nudity or plagiarism.  ;) ;D

Isaac

« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2015, 03:11:28 pm »

…but I don't think it's at all unreasonable to ask somebody as active on LuLa as Isaac to demonstrate that he has some idea through practice of what he's talking about.

When you open your own discussion forum, you'll be able to make-up and enforce whatever rules you like.

Meanwhile you have no authority to make-up rules for LuLa's discussion forums.

Come on, Isaac, you're pretty good at fence posts. Let's see more.

Asked interminably and answered repeatedly.

This looks like Isaac's first and last post ..... with respect to an image.

Wrong, as usual.

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2015, 05:08:58 pm »

This looks like Isaac's first and last post ..... with respect to an image.
To me, it looks like his best Post.  ;)
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Isaac

« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2015, 06:27:10 pm »

The last Post, or is that a bit Post hoc.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2015, 06:28:44 pm »

The last Post...

Damn, for a second I thought...

Isaac

« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2015, 07:35:18 pm »

... it's inevitable, although Postponed.

stamper

« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2015, 04:27:36 am »

Isaac, do you realise that you that you weren't blessed with a sense of humour? ;) ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up