Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another view of Mt. Whitney  (Read 1592 times)

tom w

Another view of Mt. Whitney
« on: February 20, 2012, 05:43:19 pm »

Another image from my trip to Lone Pine. Made with a 125mm lens on an APS-C sensor. The older granite foreground rocks are a few hundred yards away whereas the peak of Mt. Whitney is many miles away. This was a chance find after wandering up a dirt road until I came to a Do Not Enter sign.

Mjollnir

Re: Another view of Mt. Whitney
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 04:07:09 pm »

Another image from my trip to Lone Pine. Made with a 125mm lens on an APS-C sensor. The older granite foreground rocks are a few hundred yards away whereas the peak of Mt. Whitney is many miles away. This was a chance find after wandering up a dirt road until I came to a Do Not Enter sign.

Was this off of Horseshoe Meadows Road or Olivas Ranch Road?  The angle seems right

tom w

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 06:46:02 pm »

Was this off of Horseshoe Meadows Road or Olivas Ranch Road?  The angle seems right
I think I was driving south on Tuttle Creek Road and came across a dirt road named Indian Cemetery. Took a left at a fork and scrambled up the scree at the dead end to find this view.

tom w

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 06:46:50 pm »

Does the peak of Mt.Whitney look many miles away in the photo?

Nope.

tom w

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 08:34:53 pm »

Yes, Isaac, I think there is a problem.

Mjollnir

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 11:05:43 pm »

I think I was driving south on Tuttle Creek Road and came across a dirt road named Indian Cemetery. Took a left at a fork and scrambled up the scree at the dead end to find this view.

Ah, OK, that makes sense now.  I've thought about taking the Jeep up that road for some time now, and now I think I'll do it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up