Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Panasonic GH2 vs G3 concerning viewfinder (EVF)  (Read 1677 times)

ChristianRandwijk

Panasonic GH2 vs G3 concerning viewfinder (EVF)
« on: February 16, 2012, 08:44:31 am »

I am looking for something smaller and more portable than my 5D2, for vacations and such. The m4/3 series looks exciting, lots of supposedly very good lenses. The new GX1 is to small for my (quite big) hands, the current Olympus don't really agree with me, and the upcoming OM-D is too expensive. So... I have been considering the Panasonic GH2 or G3. It seems like the G3 is a good deal, but I can't really find any info about the electronic viewfinders, especially if one is better than the other. Anyone with any experience? there is the NEX line as well, but not that excited with the lenses there (yet).

Ken Bennett

• http://www.kenbennettphoto.com
Re: Panasonic GH2 vs G3 concerning viewfinder (EVF)
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 09:57:36 am »

As far as I can tell from owning a GH2 and handling a G3 in the store, they are the same EVF.

After handling the G3, I found it to be too small for me -- sort of a GF1 with a slight hand grip. It's a nice little camera, but the GH2 handles better for me, especially with longer lenses. (I own a GF1, as well.)

There are plenty of choices now for small, high quality cameras with great image quality. The m4/3 does have the best selection of lenses, especially primes, but that's subject to change. I've been happy with the image quality of my GH2, but some of the newer compacts are showing very impressive i.q., like the NEX-7 and the Fuji offerings. If you end up with the m4/3, check out the Panasonic 20 and the Olympus 45/1.8 for starters.

It's a great time to be in the market for a camera.
Equipment: a camera and some lenses. https://www.instagram.com/wakeforestphoto/

grzybu

Re: Panasonic GH2 vs G3 concerning viewfinder (EVF)
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 10:48:28 am »

When I had G1 I was comparing it with G3 and found it bit too small for me.
After price drops at the end of the year I bought GH2 and I don't regret.
GH2 along with better ergonomic has bit better EVF (3:2 848x600) and oversized multiaspect sensor, so you don't loose so much resolution if you like 3:2 or 16:9 format for your photos.
Pages: [1]   Go Up