Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which photos have I exported?  (Read 3333 times)

dreed

Which photos have I exported?
« on: February 10, 2012, 12:43:12 pm »

Is it possible to filter or search the library for photos that have been exported?

For example, maybe I wish to redevelop all of the pictures that I exported from LR3 using the new process in LR4 but rather than try to guess which keywords, etc, I've used, I'd like to search for photos that have at least one exported entry present in their develop history.

Or perhaps to search on other line entries in the "develop" column?

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Re: Which photos have I exported?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 01:37:52 pm »

No easy way, sadly - searching on data such as the history log is something I've always wanted Adobe to implement.

Wills

• Wills
    • Wills Wilson commercial photographer
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 03:59:14 pm »

This would be a great help to me, I currently add them to a collection the same with images I print which is a step I'd rather not do as part of my workflow.
Wills
Wil

dreed

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 07:55:39 pm »

This would be a great help to me, I currently add them to a collection the same with images I print which is a step I'd rather not do as part of my workflow.

Now if there was an "Add to collection" dialogue in the "File Handling", as well as "Add to catalogue", maybe we'd be going places...

aduke

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 08:33:09 pm »

Now if there was an "Add to collection" dialogue in the "File Handling", as well as "Add to catalogue", maybe we'd be going places...

That's a good idea. Have you submitted a function request?

Alan

dreed

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 10:45:34 am »

That's a good idea. Have you submitted a function request?

Alan

How do I do that?

dreed

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2012, 12:19:29 pm »

So if you look at "Recent ideas" on photoshop.com's community idea's forum, you should find some that relate to this thread.

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2012, 01:47:14 pm »

Is it possible to filter or search the library for photos that have been exported?

For example, maybe I wish to redevelop all of the pictures that I exported from LR3 using the new process in LR4 but rather than try to guess which keywords, etc, I've used, I'd like to search for photos that have at least one exported entry present in their develop history.

Or perhaps to search on other line entries in the "develop" column?

yes, I have had the same wish. However now I mostly use the publish feature in two ways. One is for my online galleries on Smugmug and Zenfolio and I really like this. The other is for the photos I keep on my iPhone. There I use the publish to hard drive feature to folders just below the folder level that is synchronized in iTunes. In this way any new folder and/or new pictures published will go to my iPhone automatically the next synch. When I get an iPad3 I will do the same for that. Next I also have galleries on Pbase where there is no functioning publish plugin. In that case I have a publish folder for HD for each and I manually upload the added pictures.

However there is one thing that kind of irritates me: Sometimes I will decide to re-edit a picture that is already published to several folders on different websites and sometimes also several folders on the same website. In that case the re-edited picture need to be republished and I don't see an easy way to signal that a single edited picture should be republished in all it's publish folders. It would be nice with an extra option on the ctrl-click (ir right click) menu to say republish this picture in all publish folders. And...no, I have not written this on any Adobe forum, which I probably should.

Other than that I love the publish feature. It is so fantastic to have integration (and integrity) between what can be seen directly within Lightroom and what resides in folders on my websites.

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 02:35:32 am »

I use the purple colour marker for images that have been processed and that I'll probably upload or export in some fashion, and in each publish option I have a smart collection that lists images with a purple tag.  After I'm done with them I remove the colour marker.  That's not a filter, though, and since exporting is included as a history state it's probably possible for Adobe to build in an 'image is exported' feature into the Collection filters. 

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t
Pages: [1]   Go Up