Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Client contact software recommendations  (Read 3321 times)

Harold Clark

Client contact software recommendations
« on: January 17, 2012, 10:19:35 am »

For a number of years I have used Now Contact software to organize my client & supplier list. Not perfect, but generally I have been happy with it. Unfortunately the company went out of business some time ago. I have the original disc still, but required a further download to make it work with the current generation of Macs. I am worried since this software will become unworkable eventually due to lack of support.

Would anyone have a recommendation as to a similar program that will work on Mac, preferably that can transfer the data I now have ( about 250 contacts ). The things I like about Now Contact is the ability to organize and search the database by client category, company name, contact name etc., as well as the ability to make notes for each contact.

Ken Bennett

• http://www.kenbennettphoto.com
Re: Client contact software recommendations
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 04:11:07 pm »

I've not used it, but some of my freelance colleagues use Fotobiz from Cradoc. I do have their Fotoquote and like it.

http://www.cradocfotosoftware.com/fotoBiz/index.html

Looks like it might do what you need.
Equipment: a camera and some lenses. https://www.instagram.com/wakeforestphoto/

mediumcool

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 08:10:24 pm »

For a number of years I have used Now Contact software to organize my client & supplier list. Not perfect, but generally I have been happy with it. Unfortunately the company went out of business some time ago. I have the original disc still, but required a further download to make it work with the current generation of Macs. I am worried since this software will become unworkable eventually due to lack of support.

Would anyone have a recommendation as to a similar program that will work on Mac, preferably that can transfer the data I now have ( about 250 contacts ). The things I like about Now Contact is the ability to organize and search the database by client category, company name, contact name etc., as well as the ability to make notes for each contact.

Have never used Now Contact, but it had a great reputation. Two thoughts on possible alternatives: I recently purchased BusyCal in a bundle and today have got it going (claimed to be much better than iCal and so far looking good!). Here is a link for software to transfer contacts from Now to iCal, after which it auto-synchs with BusyCal. Interesting read!

The other option I thought of is Bento, the basic database from FileMaker Inc. And of course there are the GTD apps, but I have not used any of them.

The death of Now.

HTH!
FaceBook facebook.com/ian.goss.39   www.mlkshk.com/user/mediumcool

Mike Guilbault

• Mike Guilbault Photography
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 10:46:03 pm »

I use Daylite by MarketCircle (http://www.marketcircle.com/).  It's only available for Mac but can run stand-alone or multi-user/networked. I take my database 'offline' on my laptop so I can continue working with it away from the studio, and then it syncs when I get back.  There's also an iPhone version, Daylite Touch that again syncs with the master database on my desktop MacPro.
I've been using it for quite a few years now and love it.  It has a bit of a learning curve because it's so flexible and can be configured in many ways - but once you get YOUR workflow down with it - it's great.
Mike Guilbault

mediumcool

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 11:27:40 pm »

Just noticed this link, a free Contact & Customer Manager template for Bento 4. It’s free, and Bento can be tested for 30 days as a trial.
FaceBook facebook.com/ian.goss.39   www.mlkshk.com/user/mediumcool

Harold Clark

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 11:23:51 am »

Thanks everybody for the helpful suggestions, I will investigate. The only thing I really would use it for is maintaining my client contact list. Ease of transferring my existing data would be a high priority.

It is unfortunate Now Contact wasn't bought out before it failed by another software company, hopefully I will have better luck with the next one.

Harold
Pages: [1]   Go Up