Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Fuji X Pro 1 Lenses  (Read 18962 times)

fredjeang

Re: massively OOF backgrounds have never dominated creative photography
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2012, 03:12:08 pm »

Why do I always read your stage name as Alfasud?

Rob C

;D So do I Rob !

I had an alfasud, the 1,5 Ti. I was racing with a friend who had a Ford XR3.

Result: on relatively straight roads, the XR3 always won. On curves, the Alfasud won.

Then I put myself in sport motorcycles.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 03:14:54 pm by fredjeang »

nightfire

Re: New Fuji X Pro 1 Lenses
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2012, 04:01:03 pm »

Are you all going into nostalgic aberrations attack (to stay in photography nomenclature) with this Fuji as its main attractive ?

Marketing department product ? or a real 2012 tool ? Maybe bit of both. But, pfffff...we're still on the same design from the latest ice-age.

Probably more of a marketing department product.

The technical department probably would have added a medium-format sensor to a Fuji GA645 Zi body, the same way Leica conceived their M9. That would have been an exciting tool, ice-age design or not  ;)

scooby70

Re: massively OOF backgrounds have never dominated creative photography
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2012, 04:50:43 pm »

Are you sure? I was under the impression that a 25 f/1.0 on a m43 would give the same DoF as a 50 f/2 (2 stops) on a FF. So a 50 f/1,4 on a FF would allow a shallower DoF.

I think I'm sure  ;D At the same camera to subject distance the shots will look different as one lens is a 50mm and the other is 25mm so background items may very well look different but I'm pretty sure f0.95 does beat f1.4. One situation in which I can definitely get shallower DoF from my MFT and 25mm f0.95 is when using it as a sort of psudo macro lens as it'll focus a lot closer than a 50mm f1.4 will, so close in fact that f0.95 isn't really useable unless you're going for a very arty effect. f0.95 does come in very useful in lower available light as I can shoot at much lower ISO than I can with a f1.4.

Petrus

« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2012, 01:47:44 pm »

Given the smaller sensor, could they not have worked a little harder?

Work harder to make a camera which is too small to handle ergonomically and no space for all buttons and levers? Make smaller cameras when the human hands have evolved smaller (blueberry typing size?)

Petrus

« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2012, 01:51:53 pm »

I'll add that I have never seen a lens to resolve at full open f:1.4 as well as the new XF 35mm f:1.4. Tack sharp to the corners, and no color fringing at all.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up