Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: what software makes numbered multi-frame proofs per sheet?  (Read 841 times)

texshooter

what software makes numbered multi-frame proofs per sheet?
« on: January 07, 2012, 05:43:27 pm »

i want to makes proof sheets that have multiple images on each sheet. but i also need each image to be visibly numbered, preferably with the camera assigned frame numbers. the intent is to give a client a selection of thumbnail size numbered shots on several sheets so they can pick which ones they want printed. then they email me the numbers of the chosen shots. are their rip programs that number the shots?

davidh202

Re: what software makes numbered multi-frame proofs per sheet?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 06:41:51 pm »

Qimage Ult will allow you to do both the layouts of the sheets, and include the file info on the borders.
you just check the info button and select the info you wish to include from the resulting drop down menu,Detailed Exif info,File name & extension,or just the file name ,and it will put it under the pic or thumb.There is also a provision in the file  menu  to automatically label and print all the prints as proofs if you wish to use it.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 07:00:37 pm by davidh202 »

barry685

• http://www.barrystudios.com
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 06:46:57 pm »

Breezebrowser will.

neile

• http://www.danecreekfolios.com
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 09:47:06 pm »

Lightroom. In the Print module you can turn on "Photo Info" and select from a range of options, including a sequence number.

Neil
Neil Enns
Dane Creek Folio Covers. Limited edition Tuscan Sun and Citron covers are now in stock!

langier

• Celebrating Rural America, the Balkans and beyond
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 12:02:49 pm »

Contact Sheet II.

Free (optional) plug-in from Adobe and works fines with PS CS4 and Bridge, both CS4 and CS5. However, under PS CS5, you've got to run it in 32 bit, a PIA.

I run mine through CS4 and use it regularly.

However, I don't use the camera generated numbers. Do a search on Google for any camera-generated frame number and you'll get hundreds of millions of other numbers that are the same. I've personalized mine with the project name and sometimes have added my name to the file name to separate me from all the rest. It also makes your files easier and faster to find later.

I use Contact Sheet II regularly and then print the sheets on 24 inch paper. It gives my photos more impact than my competition and compared to smaller photos, they don't seem to get lost quite as easily. When I walk into a client's office a lot of times, it's nice to see my sheets tacked to the wall with my name and branding prominently displayed on the wall.
Larry Angier
ASMP, ACT, & many more! @sacred_icons
https://angier-fox.photoshelter.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up