Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Resetting LR3.6 Print Settings  (Read 2090 times)

Whalewatcher

Resetting LR3.6 Print Settings
« on: December 31, 2011, 10:14:08 am »

As a relative newbie to LR I've managed to mess up printing. I "experimented" with changing settings and setting up templates and now find that I can't print anything. I have a photo selected (it doesn't appear in the preview box), have set up page size and print settings (Windows) but when I click on "Print" or "Print One" all that happens is that the sheet of paper is fed through my printer (an Epson R1900).
Is there anyway I can reset my print settings to the LR default?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 10:18:41 am by Whalewatcher »

NikoJorj

• http://nikojorj.free.fr/
Re: Resetting LR3.6 Print Settings
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 08:32:49 am »

I'd say go to the print driver, reset settings in it, and save as another template...
Nicolas from Grenoble
A small gallery

Whalewatcher

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 12:20:19 pm »

I'd say go to the print driver, reset settings in it, and save as another template...
Thank you for your reply NikoJorj. I'm not sure I understand what you are suggesting. How do I "go to the print driver" and reset settings in it?

eliedinur

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 01:43:46 pm »

If the selected image is not displayed in the image cell of the print preview, it is LR that is screwed up, not the printer driver. Are you sure that an image is selected? Is the selected image displayed in the loupe views of the Library and/or Develop module(s)? In Print, when one of the bundled templates is selected, is the image displayed? At the bottom of the preview pane, where it says "Use:" is "Selected Photos" selected?
Roll over Ed Weston,
Tell Ansel Adams th

Whalewatcher

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 02:04:28 pm »

The selected image is displayed in the loupe views of the Library and/or Develop module(s).
In the Print Module the image is selected and appears in the centre panel but not in Preview on the left hand panel. If I select one of the bundled templates then the same happens, i.e. selcted image appears in template in centre panel but not Preview panel but, surprise, now I can print the image.
Does this mean I must have a template selected (I'm using the Single Image/Contact Sheet layout)? I'm fairly certain that I was printing before with no template selected. If it's a case of selecting a template, modifying it to fit my purpose and then saving it as a User template then I apologise for wasting your time. I appreciate your help.

NikoJorj

• http://nikojorj.free.fr/
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 12:44:23 am »

The left-side preview panel is only there to see the layout of a template, you wo'nt see your picture in it, only in the main (centre) area.
Set the needed driver settings with the Page setup button at bottom of left panel. Note they're remembered by a template.
Nicolas from Grenoble
A small gallery

Whalewatcher

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 05:12:47 am »

That's cleared that up then, I was expecting to see a preview of the image in the left hand panel, thank you. I think the problem is solved, I've set up a user template and am now able to print. In future I'll be more careful when I mess with settings etc.

Thank you to both NikoJorj and eBed for your help. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up