Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leaf Afi and Leaf DB  (Read 1365 times)

billy

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 307
Leaf Afi and Leaf DB
« on: December 22, 2011, 04:59:22 pm »

I have been dreaming about getting a used Leaf Afi camera, 80mm lens or approximate, and a leaf digital back that has a (1) newer useable lcd, (2) good size sensor, I could live with a 1.3 crop, (3) around 22-28 mpx, (4) be able to process the files in Capture One V6.

I have done alot of searching but couldnt find much for used prices etc. If anyone has any answers for me regarding which DB and approximate used pricing that would be great.
Logged

Gigi

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 554
    • some work
Re: Leaf Afi and Leaf DB
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 11:17:01 pm »

Not easily found. Look to get a used Leaf AFI back and a new body from DHW.

The backs are hard to find,  depending on what you want. I was able to get a AFI II 7, with the rotating sensor and 33 MP, and would highly recommend it. The rotating sensor is just a delight. There are lesser backs without that, such as the Leaf AFI 5 and 6 as well. They will be less money. The real issue is finding them from a reputable source. Given that Leaf and DHW aren't quite active in these backs/cameras as the camera store next door, I'd recommend you buy well. That said, I got a demo back from Portugal and a body from Germany a year or two ago, and they work really well together. C1 is fine, although some say Leaf's software is a bit better.   
Logged
Geoff
Pages: [1]   Go Up