Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FS: Mamiya 645AFD 11 And Leaf Aptus 22 and 80MM 2.8 lense  (Read 6367 times)

rollsman44

FS: Mamiya 645AFD 11 And Leaf Aptus 22 and 80MM 2.8 lense
« on: December 14, 2011, 05:08:01 pm »

I am thinking about selling my Mamiya 645AFD11, 80mm 2.8 and Leaf Aptus 22 Back. I just purchased it from CI and I am not comfortable with it. I sold my Canon 5D MK2 for it. I guess I am so used to DSLR and NOT MFD. Anyway, the back has appr. 18k actuations on it. The camera is in VERY Good condition. I purchased the system 2 weeks ago from CI because they are Very Relaible and supportative when you have any questions or problems. I hope I am NOT doing the wrong thing but I will go back to DSLR camera. Also, I am Retired and use it only as a Hobby. I have to take pictures and will post them tomorrow or tonight. Thanks,  rollsman
 email is:  rollsman4@yahoo.com

rollsman44

Re: FS: Mamiya 645AFD 11 And Leaf Aptus 22 and 80MM 2.8 lense
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 05:09:45 pm »

I will accept trade for Pro DSLR Canon and $$$

gdh

• https://www.facebook.com/Gallery833-Fine-Art-in-Redding-160225810674500/
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 06:29:50 pm »

Price?????

rollsman44

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 06:53:00 pm »

I paid 6100.00 plus I have 2 New batteries and a NEW Twin Hahnel Charger which just cost me 242.00  Thank you

rollsman44

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 11:14:34 pm »

I just purchased this system 2 weeks ago. I am finding it difficult to get used to and slow. I am so used to DSLR and most likely I will be swithching back. It has appr. 18k actuations and it is in Excellent condition.
   I am asking 5700.00 or best offer. I will accept a Trade ( Canon 5D MK2) and cash$$$. My email is
             rollsman4@yahoo.com   thank you
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 02:48:58 pm by rollsman44 »

dizzyg44

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 03:57:05 pm »

if it's been 2 weeks, why don't you just call CI and ask to return it?

rollsman44

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 04:48:41 pm »

I am not sure what there return plicy is. I just emailed the saleman that  I dealt with. Thank you and I hope I can return it. I am going back to DSLR.

emendoz1

• http://www.photographydesign.org
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2011, 05:55:15 pm »

Hi, did you have any luck returning the system? Just wondering cause I'm in the process of making the same buy from them and wanted to know how they feel about it. If you still have the system I would like to talk to you regarding buying it although I don't have what you're asking for.

Let me know perhaps we can work something out.

Thanks

Ed
Eddy Mendoza/Photographer & Talent Scout
http://www.photographydesign.org
emendoz1@gmail.com
818-391-7305

rollsman44

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2011, 09:49:50 pm »

Hi Ed, no one has gotten back to me. I am going to email them again now. I just bought it 2 weeks ago. I Cant SEE why they would not. I will contact you and let you know.
    Can you leave me your number to call you. I hope to hear by tomorrow( Fri. )   Thanks, Dennis

stevebri

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2011, 12:01:41 pm »

Sorry to dive in here Rollsman, just to offer a word from the other camp....

I know as we get older it's harder to adjust and after living so long why should we put up with slow, heavy, expensive kit when 18-24mp dslr's do a fantastic job... However, persevere... do give it a bit longer and get out as often as you can, once you get really familiar with the kit, once you become one with it, the joys outweigh the disadvantages...

The tonal range of MFD backs is immense, 12 stops... a true 12 stops... go and print one or just peer at it on your screen...  totally worth the effort...

I'm not here to tell you how to suck eggs but I will share one thing with you, I was busy in the studio a couple of years ago doing a fashion spread with two models... very busy, lots of people around... (read hassle).. to warm everyone up I was shooting with A Nikon D3 I think... easy as pie... slam bam ...click click click...

Once I picked up the Phase One/Mamiya kit... it was awful... uggghhh heavy, slow, cumbersome etc...  Once I got going with it, got in sync with my lights bleeping 'ready' and got into a flow... it was great, the files were fab, I was able to do lots more with them in post and they were the best shots of the day.

MF slows you down, makes you consider your subject, often makes you use a tripod, this more considered approach more than not produces winners... we can't all be wrong..

I'll stop there before I get kicked off this thread... your kit is truly great kit, I hope you get to know it better...

P.S.  what subjects are you shooting with it...?

Sorry if this is off topic a bit.

Steve

rollsman44

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2011, 03:17:50 pm »

Hi Steve, I appreciate your honesty and your professional feedback. I have been shooting for 38 years and have always used MF film and then had to switch to Digital several years ago.  I do a lot of Volunteering for Veteran  Groups and shoot the function and DONT charge them( I am VIET Nam Veteran)and this is one way of giving back. OK, the IQ on the MFD is much better than DSLR. I know I have to get used to it and I would be willing to wait it out and give it more time. Here are MY issues and maybe you can help me with them( NOT looking to spend any more $$ on another computer at this time)
 1- It is taking about 10 -12 seconds to shoot the next image. I cant press the shutter button it wont fire.
 2- The AF seems to take longer than DSLR
 3- I want to use an somewhat up to date Post processing software BUT MY Power Mac has Tiger( 10.4.11) and I have checked into some of the softwares I want to use and they all require INTEL and 10.5 and higher.  I am now using LR 2.7 and its ok but I want to maximize the Images I get from my MFD system.
 4- I am shooting in UNCOMPRESSED mode in the Leaf Aptus 22 back because I cant seem to go directly into LR when I shoot Compressed. I am sure that the speed would pick up if I shot in compressed. I have been on all the forums trying to find a software that will convert my Compressed images easier into LR.
      I am Willing to CONTINUE TO TRY Again but my Frustration and my desire to finally own a MFD system is getting in the way.
     If you can help me with these issues I would Appreciate it. I am limited in my finances as well.  Thank you in advance,  Dennis

stevebri

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2011, 03:58:11 pm »

Hi Dennis,

First thing is software, you can download capture one 6.2 for free from Phase One, and use it in DB (digital back) mode, the software is free to use for digital back owners... one thing I'm not sure on is if 6.2 works on pre intel mac's...?  Anyone..?

Ok shooting the next image... it should take a second or so between frames, two things initially come to mind, firstly cf cards, are they super slow cheapies...?  Sandisk extreme 4gb cards are fine see here, 27 usd ea http://www.adorama.com/IDSCFEP4G40M.html

One other thing...?  Are you shooting raw or tiff...?  A blind question as I use phase one backs not Leaf but do you have an option to shoot tif instead of raw...?  tiffs take ages to write to cards...

MF Af systems are slower unless you buy the latest DF body  (loads of money but a beauty)...

One last nugget... if you are shooting Viet groups ( I and many others applaud you sir) you want a camera system that does not get in the way of getting your best shots....  what I'm saying is that maybe a dslr system will get you better shots in those types of environments ...

Call the guys at CI tomorrow, they are great people to deal with and they don't bite at all.... not even Doug...

Steve

rollsman44

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2011, 04:08:40 pm »

Hi Steve, I tried Capture one Free download and requires Intel.
    I am using Sandisk 8GB 60mb card and I shoot Raw not Tiff
    Thats the reason why I was going to go back to DSLR.
   I did contact Jim reed and he will talk to Dave Gallagher to see about my returning my system to them and NOT get Beat in doing so. They have all been very helpful at CI.
     I just want a Fair Refund from them. 
    Thank you for your compliment on my Giving back to my fellow Vets.  Dennis

rollsman44

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2011, 02:56:20 pm »

Still awaiting decision

rollsman44

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2011, 11:01:06 am »

I am Happy to say that my issue with Capture Integration was Settled. They were Very Acomodating and I would recommend them to do business with. Happy customer.   rollsman
Pages: [1]   Go Up