Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: turning off composition /crop  (Read 7070 times)

billy

turning off composition /crop
« on: December 13, 2011, 06:22:01 pm »

hi, when I go to "copy and apply settings" a drop down menu appears and it always has the 'composition/crop' setting always checked. this makes it so if I am copying adjustments from a vertical photo it rotates any horizontal pictures included into a vertical. how can I turn this off forever?

gdh

• https://www.facebook.com/Gallery833-Fine-Art-in-Redding-160225810674500/
Re: turning off composition /crop
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 12:37:06 am »

I've only been using for about 6 months without training, so if this suggestion is wrong cut me some slack lol, but I only use the copy and apply where all of the settings are to be applied universally to the selected images.  At the point I start making settings that won't be used on the entire selected group, I regroup, deselect and make smaller selections where the settings such as cropping will apply to all. I will crop a group only when the crop is universal or very close--it still seems to save time if all I have to do is redraw a few crop lines when I am fine tuning.  Sooooo.... I don't think you can correctly copy and apply cropping from one format (V>H or visa versa) to another without having unintended consequences.  Just how I've handled it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up