Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Winter Dawn  (Read 2891 times)

shaunw

• Shaun Walby Landscape Photography collections
Winter Dawn
« on: December 12, 2011, 12:31:19 pm »

Shortly after dawn looking across a ridge in the Peak district National Park England UK....thanks for looking in.

Winter Arrives by Shaunwalby Photography, on Flickr
Canon 5D mk II Sigma 10-20, Canon 17-40mm L, Canon 24-105mm L, Canon 70-200 L, Lee Filters, Manfrotto geared head/tripod.

''Twelve significant photographs in any one year is a good crop''. – Ansel Adams
http://www.shaunwalbyphotography.com

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
Re: Winter Dawn
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 01:17:36 pm »

Wow - everything is working in this photo, Shawn. Great composition in wonderfully creative ambient conditions. I love the way we can just see into a valley in the upper right, but not too much to give it away leaving me with the feeling "I want to explore some more!" That's great!

If there's one small niggly, it's that everything converges in the centre. That being said, my eye drawn around the scene to all parts in a rhythmic way, so I'm not left "stranded" in the centre.
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 02:08:01 am »

So... where's the toboggan?  Looks like a great hill to try out!!

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

francois

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 06:51:09 am »

Fantastic winter image. I agree with Terry, you got it right, everything seems logically in place.
Bravo
Francois

sdwilsonsct

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 11:13:04 am »

I like the inversion of dark sky and bright land, and the rest of it.
Scott

shaunw

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 01:29:19 pm »

Wow - everything is working in this photo, Shawn. Great composition in wonderfully creative ambient conditions. I love the way we can just see into a valley in the upper right, but not too much to give it away leaving me with the feeling "I want to explore some more!" That's great!

If there's one small niggly, it's that everything converges in the center. That being said, my eye drawn around the scene to all parts in a rhythmic way, so I'm not left "stranded" in the centre.

Thanks for  your thoughts...i think i know what you are seeing/feeling; the lead in line ends center frame, there is a small gap before the lead in/fence continues into the background this maybe what your feeling? For me (were into subjective land here...lol) the two peak background right pull the viewer/eye through the frame/scene...that's what i was intending in the frame design/comp, so hopefully the viewer doesn't get the feeling of been totally left center frame?

Good point thanks

Shaun
Canon 5D mk II Sigma 10-20, Canon 17-40mm L, Canon 24-105mm L, Canon 70-200 L, Lee Filters, Manfrotto geared head/tripod.

''Twelve significant photographs in any one year is a good crop''. – Ansel Adams

shaunw

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2011, 01:31:14 pm »

So... where's the toboggan?  Looks like a great hill to try out!!

Mike.

Thanks Mike....Ive enough getting my kit in situ never mind a Toboggan....lol

shaunw

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2011, 01:36:50 pm »

Fantastic winter image. I agree with Terry, you got it right, everything seems logically in place.
Bravo

Thanks Francois...Worth getting there for dawn  i think, 10mins before this shot it was white out lots of spin drift blasted by high winds.

Thanks Shaun

shaunw

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2011, 01:37:30 pm »

I like the inversion of dark sky and bright land, and the rest of it.
Scott

Glad you like it Scott..

Shaun

Pages: [1]   Go Up