Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I1 Publish-problems reading patches  (Read 3077 times)

Zave Smith

I1 Publish-problems reading patches
« on: December 04, 2011, 01:43:21 pm »

I have been creating my own printer profiles for a long time using I1 Match.  With my upgrade to Apple's Lion I had to also upgrade ($440.00 bucks later) my I1 match to I1 publish.  What a piece of buggy software the people at X-rite have put out!  It took me forever to figure out how to print a patch set and now I cannot figure out how to read those patches.  I can read a row or two and then it gives me a error message about not reading the right row when I am reading the right row.  X-Rite support is off today.  Any help or suggestions of how to use this program would be appreciated.  I am profiling a Epson 4900.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: I1 Publish-problems reading patches
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 03:19:55 pm »

One thought, make sure you are running vr 1.1.1.  the 1.0 version did the same thing to me, and was basically not useable until xrite released 1.1.1. 
I am not on a Mac, but the issue you are having sounds just like my problem. 

Since I upgraded to 1.1.1 (free) the software has become much more reliable on reading the patches.  I still have problems creating a profile at times, mostly on the 2nd optimization phase and that issue has not been addressed by xrite.  When this issue occurs I have to either restart the software or about 25% of the time reboot my machine. 

Paul Caldwell

Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Zave Smith

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 04:06:57 pm »

I am on version 1.2.  Latest and greatest.......

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 04:12:01 pm »

I need to have mine check as I thought 1.1.1 was most current.  Wonder if they introduced a new problem?

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Ed Foster, Jr.

• http://www.edfoster.net
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 04:41:06 pm »

Zave Smith wrote:
"I can read a row or two and then it gives me a error message about not reading the right row when I am reading the right row.  X-Rite support is off today. "

I ran into the same problem with some papers and the only thing that worked for me was to make a change to the "Measurement Tolerance" in the "XRi1G2WorkflowSettings.ini" settings file from 0.4 to 0.5.

If you are on a Mac, it should be here, "Library>Application Support>X-Rite>i1Profiler>XRi1G2WorkflowSettings.ini"  Be sure to copy the original file first and append it as a "HOLD" file then make the change using a plain text editor such as BBEdit, TextMate or TextEdit (NOT WORD or some other word processor software), and save it with the original file name. In Version 1.1 it's on line 17.

See if that will help.

Good Luck,
Ed
Ed Foster, Jr.
[url=http://www.edfoster.

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 06:30:30 pm »

You might try printing slightly larger patches ...

Zave Smith

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 10:55:40 am »

Ed.

I opened the file per your recommendation.  The Measurement Tolerance was already set for .5

I did get a hold of the X-Rite people and they asked me to mail them the patches, the targets, that I was having trouble reading.

Will wait and see unless somebody has another idea.

Many Thanks

Zave Smith
Pages: [1]   Go Up