Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW TO THE FORUM, BRAZILIAN PHOTOGRAPHER  (Read 5535 times)

Maurício Costa

• Mauricio Costa
NEW TO THE FORUM, BRAZILIAN PHOTOGRAPHER
« on: December 03, 2011, 07:13:00 pm »

Hello, I'm a young (29) Landscape Photographer from Brazil. I read the Luminous Landscape Tutorials e Articles for a couple of years now, and decided to enter this highly selected Forum. You guys don't know how difficult is to talk about technique and equipment on the brazilian forums... All they want to talk about is subjective issues, aesthetics etc.... It is a pain for someone trying to really reach something more objective  ::)

Last time I said I used a Gitzo tripod, they were really angry, thinking I was boasting about my equipament... and that was not at all important... !  :-X

I hope you people could look my site pictures and really help me out with proper critics - just please leave the bad critics to the forum and the goods in the site!!!  8)

http://mauriciocostadotcom.wordpress.com/

Thank you all!!

Maurício Costa

• Mauricio Costa
Re: NEW TO THE FORUM, BRAZILIAN PHOTOGRAPHER
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 08:05:26 pm »

Come on, no welcomes?  ???

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 08:33:24 pm »

Welcome indeed!

I had a quick look of your site, and there is some really nice landscape photography there. Feel free to post some of it here as well. As for the equipment discussion, you've come to the right place ;)

Ken Bennett

• http://www.kenbennettphoto.com
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 08:57:15 pm »

You might want to let people have a day to respond, rather than 45 minutes, but I understand your impatience.... ;D

The work on your site is very nice. Welcome to this forum, and I hope you find what you are looking for.
Equipment: a camera and some lenses. https://www.instagram.com/wakeforestphoto/

mimisan

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 09:38:29 pm »

I'm new too. That looks like a really great photo - nice job!

Maurício Costa

• Mauricio Costa
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2011, 10:16:59 pm »

Thank you people... I appreciate. I feel lime doing more photos from Brazil to show you... I just have my local beach in the portfolio. (Ubatuba).

I expect to put the knowlege I've got from Reichmann's site and this forum to practice.

My country is nearly as vast as the US, and ridiculously unexplored photografically.

It is true that acessability, wheter, etc are much more chalenging from a landscape photography standpoint, but that's no excuse...

We don't have any ice capped mountais in the whole territory (even at winter), no autumm colors, no snow at all... The light here is harsh and unforgivingly perpendicular... It is a photographers nightmare, but in a way, also a dream, because of the chalenge and the unexplored oportunities...!

As for wildlife, that's assured as you might know... ;-)

degrub

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2011, 10:27:59 pm »

i think you have a good eye for street. Some of your shots are really poignant. The one with the hard hat and the conquistador is interesting.

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 03:54:41 pm »

Hi There, and welcome to the list!

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Maurício Costa

• Mauricio Costa
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2011, 04:48:29 pm »

Thank you!

Rob C

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2011, 01:40:44 pm »

Nice site; I particularly like Buenos Aires and Paulista.

To me, that kind of thing is all about photographer vision (and courage!) and tends to attract me more than just pretty, which many do but, unfortunately, pretty simply isn't enough.

Rob C

Maurício Costa

• Mauricio Costa
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2011, 05:13:04 pm »

Thank you for your comments Rob!

I understand what you mean.

But I really do appreciate "just pretty" images more and more now.

I think it is the photographer's "thing" to report more than create something new. And reporting beauty is just what this world needs.

In my country for example you have Sebastião Salgado - the famous photographer of tragedies etc. But I do feel that brazilians need more beauty in their lives... they see these scenes every day...

Maybe this should be at some extent the contrary in U.S. - but I'm not there, so I can't judge...

Rob C

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2011, 04:05:55 am »

Thank you for your comments Rob!

I understand what you mean.

But I really do appreciate "just pretty" images more and more now.

I think it is the photographer's "thing" to report more than create something new. And reporting beauty is just what this world needs.

In my country for example you have Sebastião Salgado - the famous photographer of tragedies etc. But I do feel that brazilians need more beauty in their lives... they see these scenes every day...

Maybe this should be at some extent the contrary in U.S. - but I'm not there, so I can't judge...

WHAT! With all those wonderful models that you have, I'd have imagined you had too much beauty walking around the place already...

I'll tell you what: send me Gisel Bundchen for a couple of weeks and you'll make my year and give me enough images to make my life! I don't mind that she's been around a while; that makes her far more interesting to me than an eighteen-year-old baby with nothing in its head. In exchange, you can borrow all the beauty that's in the trees, rocks, bays and seas of the Balearics - and there's plenty of that. 

;-)

Rob C

Maurício Costa

• Mauricio Costa
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2011, 05:37:53 am »

Hahahaa...  :D

I mean that people living in big cities are tired to see misery... In São Paulo we are 1h-2h driving from beautiful beaches or rainforest parks... but most of the people that live in favelas (SP) have never seen the ocean...

People need that kind of beauty... semi-naked women selling beer are everywhere (in fact now it's prohibited!)

I think here, landscape photography is a social need...  ;)

Rob C

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2011, 08:17:53 am »

Hahahaa...  :D

I mean that people living in big cities are tired to see misery... In São Paulo we are 1h-2h driving from beautiful beaches or rainforest parks... but most of the people that live in favelas (SP) have never seen the ocean...

People need that kind of beauty... semi-naked women selling beer are everywhere (in fact now it's prohibited!) I think here, landscape photography is a social need...  ;)

I've led a sheltered life; none of the local bars where I buy lunch ever had semi-naked women selling beer. ( ;-) ) Neither did my calendars for such companies - not because I didn't use girls that could and that would, but because the hypocricy in certain levels of industry prevented it. Drink yourself to death on my beer, but don't let me show you a pretty woman; you might be offended. Or your wife might feel threatened; or you might go blind!

What a world... might as well ban the beaches.

Rob C

This would go well with topless girls. Dancing:

http://youtu.be/HYpFZepYJW0
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 08:22:35 am by Rob C »

jalcocer

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2011, 08:37:32 am »

Welcome, I just have a few months here and it is a great forum and a great site, you'll find anything you need to know or see in here. Saw your portfolio and have to say that's a really nice work, your street photography is really good.

shaunw

• Shaun Walby Landscape Photography collections
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2011, 12:56:51 pm »

Hi

Id like to say welcome but it would be out of place as ive only just got here myself...you can see from the images here in that there is a large pool of real talent to be tapped into...analysis everything question everything...but always make your own mind up...ultimately the photographic journey is about your vision and yours alone.

Look forward to seeing your work

Regards Shaun
Canon 5D mk II Sigma 10-20, Canon 17-40mm L, Canon 24-105mm L, Canon 70-200 L, Lee Filters, Manfrotto geared head/tripod.

''Twelve significant photographs in any one year is a good crop''. – Ansel Adams
http://www.shaunwalbyphotography.com

Rob C

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2011, 04:17:50 am »

...ultimately the photographic journey is about your vision and yours alone.

Regards Shaun

My mantra; don't let others tell you how to see it. Best option? Don't ask them.

Rob C
Pages: [1]   Go Up