Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEX 7 review  (Read 20726 times)

D!RK

Re: NEX 7 review
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2011, 06:28:13 pm »

Personally I shoot with the 5N and the M9P. I like both for various reasons. What I don't like on the Sony is the crop factor. The image that I get from my Summilux 50mm on the M9 I can not replicate with my 35mm 2.0. The 21mm lens that I really like just turns into an OK lens on the Nex. It would have been great if the test would have compared an image taken with a 35mm 1.4 on a Nex versus a 50mm 1.4 on a M9. Both would lead to similar images. I feel that a downsized image from a Nex 7 has more info than a cropped image from a M9. I may be wrong but the Nex has more detail in the same area to start with. D!RK PS I wish the Nex 7 gets better results because it would give me a reason to sell the Leica. Thanks for the review.

AlfSollund

« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2011, 06:49:42 pm »

Thanks so much for the NEX-7 versus Leica test update. Just what I was looking for  8).  Great work indeed.
-------
- If your're not telling a story with photo you're only adding noise -
http://alfsollund.com/

Joe S

« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2011, 02:34:20 am »

Very interesting information and truly a great time to be a photographer. 

The best real world comparison for me would be to photograph the same scene or test setup, at least as close as reasonably possible, using say a 50mm on the M9 and a 35mm on the Sony.   Use comparable lenses of comparable vintage and process using your best techniques and print at 16x20 and 24x36 and examine the results of the prints.   This would provide a real world comparison of how I could capture and print the same scene with each camera and what difference in results I might expect.   As I don't currently have access to either camera I will leave this to others!

Joe S

« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2011, 01:18:41 pm »

Thanks Michael.  Great to see the new real world test.   Now all we need are some comparisons from the corners.

ziocan

« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2011, 03:23:35 pm »

Hi,

DxO-mark measures sensor characteristics only. In that regard it seems that NEX 7 is pretty good, but Canon is a bit handicapped in DxO-mark regarding DR at low ISO.

Michael is absolutely right about lenses mattering most. A smaller sensor will make heavier demands on the lenses.

Perhaps Michael has the opportunity to compare the NEX 7 with his Alpha 900, that would perhaps be a valid comparison.

Best regards
Erik

you can see a test shot comparison at all ISO between the 2 cameras, at DP review.
IMO, the nex 7 shows a little more crispiness than the a900.

Joe S

« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2011, 01:30:54 pm »

Would you provide a link to the DP comparison.

RBland

« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2012, 02:31:04 pm »

Thanks for the in-depth review.
My questions is, is there really no way to use a wired remote with the Nex-7? I do a lot of tripod work with bracketed exposures and from what I can gleen from other forums is that an IR remote release will work but with limited functions. Any thoughts out there. I would like this camera because of its weight to quality ratio (backpacking), but this is a show stopper to me. ???
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up