Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: For Sale: Canon 1Ds Mark III---little amateur use!  (Read 4409 times)

Dave Gurtcheff

For Sale: Canon 1Ds Mark III---little amateur use!
« on: November 22, 2011, 03:30:53 pm »

Listed on ebay (item 260898412202) as follows:

Canon EOS 1DS Mk. III camera body. NO RESERVE. I am a 74 year old retired engineer & amateur photographer. I purchased this camera brand new and paid close to $8,000 for it. It received very light use. About two years ago, I migrated to a smaller, lighter, simpler system. I did not need the bulk, weight, weather sealing, etc of the 1DS Mk III, so it sat on a shelf for two years, except for periodic exercising. When I decided to sell my Canon gear, two things happened: First, the Canon battery would not accept a charge, so I replaced it with a non-Canon battery, which is fine. Second, I made one test shot, and the camera froze up, and I got a "ERR 99" message. I immediately contacted Canon USA. They readily admitted it was a known problem on some early cameras, and there was a recall, which I never got, or ignored. Canon emailed me a pre-paid shipping label, and said the repair/checkout/upgrade would be at no charge to me, including round trip shipping. So now we have a 1DS III with light use in near mint condition, that was just serviced by Canon USA and returned to me like new. In addition to 8 new  internal parts, the service included: Adjust Exposue, Adjust focus, Calibrate shutter speeds, clean C-mos sensor, Update Firmware, and return camera to brand new factory specs. I will include the Canon Repair paper work dated Nov 11, 2011. Shipping to USA only. The item includes box and original packing, and everything originally included, some of which were never unpacked! I am also including several extras: (1) Genuine Canon remote release ($45 new), Canon EC-D  grid screen ($33 new, presently installed in camera), and hand strap ($24.95 new). I am also selling lightly used Canon lenses from 17mm to 500mm f4 IS L, and flash, listed elsewhere on ebay.

Zylon1

Re: For Sale: Canon 1Ds Mark III---little amateur use!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 04:46:27 pm »

What is the price for the camera body?

Dave Gurtcheff

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 04:55:51 pm »

What is the price for the camera body?

Presently there are 2 bids, and the price is $4,045. You can follow this link to get current bid prices.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/260898412202?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Dave

Sheldon N

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 05:56:36 pm »

No need to post the info here... they've been selling crazy high on ebay lately and I'm sure you'll get a great price.

I sold mine 3 weeks ago for $6750 on ebay.
Sheldon Nalos
[url=http://www.flickr.com

Dave Gurtcheff

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 08:07:45 pm »

No need to post the info here... they've been selling crazy high on ebay lately and I'm sure you'll get a great price.

I sold mine 3 weeks ago for $6750 on ebay.
Thanks Sheldon: I hope I am that fortunate on ebay. It seems since the sunami in Japan, and floods in Thailand, camera equipment is VERY hard to find at reasonable prices. I note that B&H is "out of stock" for many of the items I have listed on ebay (a total of 10 Canon items).
Best regards
Dave Gurtcheff
Beach Haven, NJ

Dave Gurtcheff

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2011, 04:35:49 pm »

Current price is $4750 as of 4:30 PM Sunday EST, with auction ending Sunday (tomorrow), if interested.
Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up