I keep my LightRoom Catalogue, Presets and photographs on an external drive. I manually back up to another external drive.
I am experiencing an issue that when I launch the catalogue from the back-up external, Lightroom indicates that the photos are missing and indicates the photos are on the first external drive.
Is there a way to associate the photographs with the catalogue and not the name of the actual external drive?
I know that I can use the Locate feature, but that is time consuming considering I have over 39,000 photographs. I now load the Lightroom catalogue using the Control key, but somehow Lightroom keeps looking for the photographs on the first external drive. I have unmounted it, so I need to find away to remove the drive name from the path of the photographs
What started this is that my main external 500 GB drive is full, so I have been using my 2TB external drive that I use for back ups as my main Lightroom drive.
I'm on a MacBook Pro, using Lion and running LightRoom 3.5