Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Merging to HDR in Photoshop CS2  (Read 5907 times)

Merging to HDR in Photoshop CS2
« on: May 10, 2005, 05:28:22 pm »

One possible problem is not having enough RAM available.

Depending on the size of the files that you are working with this could exceed either what you have or what you have allocated to Photoshop.

My suggestion is to make some small JPGs of the files that you want to merge and experiment with them first to see if this is the case.

Michael

thierrylegros396

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2005, 03:34:16 am »

Very strange, but I've only 379Mb available, and 208Mb usable by Photoshop, and HDR works fine, even with moderately sized pictures !

On another PC, more RAM available, HDR doesn't work, even with small sized pictures !

So RAM is certainly not the key in the troubles encountered by a lot of users.

Could someone, who has good relations with Adobe report them the problem, as it seems to be very frequent !

Have a nice Day !

Thierry

thierrylegros396

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2005, 08:12:01 am »

Works with French version of XP Pro and only 512Mb of RAM !

EAD

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2005, 04:18:47 pm »

I am also suffering this problem and have read of a few cases so far...I wonder if thereĀ“s any new information regarding this problem, anybody?

Thanks

Javier Rey

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2005, 05:10:21 pm »

Dear colleagues,  
during years I take visiting and admiring Luminous Landscape, a web really interesting, well designed  and, mainly, vastly useful.  
Recently I read an article signed by Michel Reichman: Merge to HDR in Photoshop CS2 (A First Look). I found exciting, since this new function of Pshop solves, finally, an important problem, especially to the landscape photographers, as me. I immediately bought the new version of Pshop (I had the previous Pshop CS) and the first thing that I made was to prove the "Merge to HDR." My surprise has been big. The first step carries out it perfectly and without problems. But when pressing OK, from the window where a previous of the blended image appears, with their respective thumbnails to the left, after a few time, and now in the window of Pshop it appears a message that says textually: "Could not completes the Merge to HDR command because a command was not available."  
Incredible; what command does he lack? Is an error of the program? Because, I have made different tests and I have proven many functions of the program and this works perfectly. (...?)  
Could you help me ?  
Best regards to you all and thank you in advance.

Javier Rey

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2005, 07:23:18 pm »

One possible problem is not having enough RAM available.

Depending on the size of the files that you are working with this could exceed either what you have or what you have allocated to Photoshop.

My suggestion is to make some small JPGs of the files that you want to merge and experiment with them first to see if this is the case.

Michael
Thanks a lot for your help Michael, but what you say is precisely what I do: to try first with JPGs and experiment with them. And I have 1 Giga of Ram.
Curiously I was abble to merge correctly three images a single time but after it... this was impossible: the program has refused repeat the happy experience again. (...?)
Any way thanks a lot!!
Best

Javier

DiaAzul

• http://photo.tanzo.org/
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2005, 07:39:17 am »

Could someone, who has good relations with Adobe report them the problem, as it seems to be very frequent !
The best way to report any problems with Adobe products is through their user-user forums Adobe Forums. If you scroll through this list you will eventually find Photoshop.

Adobe Photoshop software engineers regularly read and contribute to the forum, so any issues you have are quickly picked up and noted. This is probably more effective than asking a Third Party with no experience of the problem to intervene on your behalf.

NB I believe that the problem is caused when running Photoshop on non-English versions of the operating systems. So if you have windows French, German, Spanish versions etc...then this may be the issue.
David Plummer    http://photo.tanzo.org/

Javier Rey

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2005, 09:27:47 am »

The best way to report any problems with Adobe products is through their user-user forums Adobe Forums. If you scroll through this list you will eventually find Photoshop.

Adobe Photoshop software engineers regularly read and contribute to the forum, so any issues you have are quickly picked up and noted. This is probably more effective than asking a Third Party with no experience of the problem to intervene on your behalf.

NB I believe that the problem is caused when running Photoshop on non-English versions of the operating systems. So if you have windows French, German, Spanish versions etc...then this may be the issue.
Thanks a lor for te suggestion but I have the English version.
Very strange...
And another thing: the rest of the program works fast and perfectly. The problem happens only with the "Merge to HDR" function
Thanks again

Javier

david75

• http://ennegativo.blogspot.com
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2005, 11:22:57 am »

The problem occurs when you using a windows xp wich have non-roman characters. I have the same problem. I use spanish windows xp.

I hope you can understand my english it's no so good  :(
Pages: [1]   Go Up