If you're just wanting to average, why not measure in CP and average those measurements in MT? Seems like you might be making this a lot more complicated than necessary.
I think that Xrite should have not removed this feature in the first place, or should I say made it possible to save to CGATS. It only shows that their viewing their customers as stupid cows or something. If I use profilemaker, it has CGATS, if you carry the product under your name, then make it talk to each other (I mean colorport and profilemaker).
Now Xrite woke up after 7 years of merging (I should say buying) Gretagmacbeth and out of the blue they say our calibration was different and hey we noticed it after 7 years !!! so shy not celebrate the new ISO standart and also make our own called XRGA we Xrite do not want to be a white crow among black, but they indeed are a white crow with all their standards. Software usability always is in import/export formats, what instruments the softwre talks this is a must.
Does Xrite have cxf v1 to cxf v2 converter?
However I have found that tabular data is saved here:
C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\ColorPort_Resources\custom\rgb
You can open the file and add this data to preformatted CGATS file than it's ready to go.