I don't know to stop all this misrepresentation. Software floggers, politicians, priests, bankers- on it goes.It remains to be seen if street marching does anything but replace one lot of crooks with another. All I can think of is try and do without, if not possible buy another product and lock up or redistribute immoral funds gained by anyone proved to be lying, manipulating, molesting, slaving, invading, stealing,bullying, ruining cultures/ environment/ health/ childhood/intelligence.
Start at the top , not with minions, couriers, petty salesmen, bank clerks, local politicians, foot soldiers etc. I know, I know . They have the money, they pay the lawyers and own the press. Back to photography. For a start don't buy any software or hardware unless it improves your work and does what it claims to. Investigate alternatives.Don't assume big must be best. If rigour proves without reasonable doubt the product or it's hype is a con , tell everyone. Got to start somewhere.