Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: The next crop of cameras is coming down the chute  (Read 70701 times)

fotometria gr

• www.fotometria.gr
Re: The next crop of cameras is coming down the chute
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2011, 02:22:56 pm »

Are you for real? Within a few posts of being offended at what you interpreted as someone calling you ignorant, you are directly saying it to another member. Your ego is way bigger than your sense.

Back to topic.
Isnt DR limited by the lesser of photons in the exposure time or full well capacity? What are the manufacturers doing to increase full well capacity? Higher bit AD converters are needed as well.
??? What? do you think that anybody can have a conversation by starting with a straight attack? I never refered to anybody by twisting his saying or by calling nonsense his saying. My answer to all three of your questions is 1. Yes, 2. Shallower wells?  ;D and 3. Yes! Have you notice me saying anything different? Why don't you just.....  go for vacation, you seem to need some ::)  :-* Regards, Theodoros. www.fotometria.gr

fotometria gr

• www.fotometria.gr
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2011, 02:34:46 pm »

The original quoted sentence is nonsense in my view. If you can support it with research, I will be the first to retract my statement.

So can you please supply us with references to research supporting your claims, or stop making them?

-h
Which is what according to your nonsense? Look buddy..., can you please make sense and refer to something? ...after apologizing of course! But there is nothing to refer to is there? Just an intentional attack...., I wonder what the motive was! I hope you'll overcome it! Be well, Theodoros. www.fotometria.gr

hjulenissen

« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2011, 02:42:03 pm »

Which is what according to your nonsense? Look buddy..., can you please make sense and refer to something? ...after apologizing of course! But there is nothing to refer to is there? Just an intentional attack...., I wonder what the motive was! I hope you'll overcome it! Be well, Theodoros. www.fotometria.gr
Please see this link from the previous page:
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=58363.msg471852#msg471852

There no need for me to be apologizing, and I hope that you are able to continue this discussion to be one about photographic equipment, and not about personal stuff.

-h

fotometria gr

• www.fotometria.gr
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2011, 02:45:28 pm »

???
Please see this link from the previo us page:
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=58363.msg471852#msg471852

There no need for me to be apologizing, and I hope that you are able to continue this discussion to be one about photographic equipment, and not about personal stuff.

-h
???  ;)  :)  :D  ;D  ;D ;D  ;D

CptZar

« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2011, 03:29:26 pm »

There is a couple of threads being destroyed this way. I understand that everybody want's to make his point. But some peoples ego is much bigger than their work. I, and people worldwide come here to L I S T E N to some of the top guys in landscape photography. This gets quite difficult, if others consider this forum their private playground.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 03:46:14 pm by CptZar »

design_freak

« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2011, 03:38:02 pm »

This thread is about hardware, or about art? Because I'm not confident about
Best regards,
DF

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2011, 04:19:51 pm »

??? ???  ;)  :)  :D  ;D  ;D ;D  ;D

There ya go again bud...

Really, you need to cut out the emoticons. It just makes you look like an 8 year old brat.

michael

« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2011, 04:47:07 pm »

Everyone take a deep breath, go to your respective corners and take 5.

Now, no more name calling or offensive talk.

Michael

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2011, 05:07:57 pm »

Now, no more name calling or offensive talk.

...and no more emoticons!

MrSmith

« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2011, 06:34:42 pm »

With almost 100% accuracy can be predicted that Hasselblad will show us a cheap product. For more recipients, who really want to have equipment with this logo, and now they can not afford it. I say that it will not necessarily be medium format.

i'm usually not one for rumours, im only interested in what's announced and what's for sale now.
But this got me thinking, maybe something from Fuji with a H/blad badge slapped on it?

stevesanacore

« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2011, 07:01:01 pm »

i'm usually not one for rumours, im only interested in what's announced and what's for sale now.
But this got me thinking, maybe something from Fuji with a H/blad badge slapped on it?

Well that would be consistent with many other cameras Hasselblad has sold in the past. Remember the X=Pan? And I believe all the current Hasse lenses are made by Fuji, correct?
We don't know what we don't know.

MrSmith

« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2011, 07:39:02 pm »

Well that would be consistent with many other cameras Hasselblad has sold in the past. Remember the X=Pan? And I believe all the current Hasse lenses are made by Fuji, correct?

yes. and the rumours about a new fuji camera with a bigger sensor.
they have a medium format rangefinder history too.
more meaningless chat and theory.
i hate rumour threads! i'm not theorizing and more. ;D

Ajoy Roy

« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2011, 10:02:20 am »

Back to topic.
...... What are the manufacturers doing to increase full well capacity? Higher bit AD converters are needed as well.
The only practical way I know of increasing full well capacity is to increase the sensel size. One way is to decrease the inter sensel gap so that at the same pitch you have more area to capture photons. The current sensors are doing just that. But this is offset by ever increasing quest for more MP, hence smaller sensel pitch.

Of course if you decrease the sensor temparature, you decrease the thermal noise; as in astronomical sensors; and get better S:N ratios which translate to better DR. Currently only peltier cooling will do the trick, but it consumes power, so may not be practical in a battery operated device. Some Astronomy sensors have taken this path.

Higher bit A/D converters will give more gradation to the image, not more DR. They are slow and power hungry. We have to wait for advances in hardware to give us fast 16bit to 24bit A/D converters.

Coming back to this thread. In my view the future is in :
. Larger chips, using advanced stitching technology. So chips of 6x6 or 6x17 may be expected in near future.
. Faster electronics at lower power consumption. Longer interval between battery change.
. Active cooling to decrease thermal noise, there by increasing DR. So that higher bit A/D are justified.
. Faster A/D initially, followed by higher bit length later on.

Who achieves how many of the above remains to be seen.
Ajoy Roy, image processing

John.Williams

• It's your life - make yourself useful!
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2011, 02:14:05 pm »

Steve, yes the Hasselblad HC lenses are (majority) assembled in Fuji lens operations in Japan - Fuji design engineers work with the Hasselblad optics team in Sweden to advise on manufacturing relative to new lens design - recently the improvements in the 50mm and 120macro, as well as the launch of the 28mm (widest in MF at the time) and the 35-90 Zoom (first application of the aspherical lens element in MF.)

The final lens assembly is completed in Sweden and includes the installation of the central lens shutter, final assembly testing, and Q/A before finding a home in the photographer's hands.

My personal experience has been excellent optical performance relative to the CF lenses, and this is usually the first question asked by photographers exploring the Hasselblad H-system and the resale value is maintained over the life of the lens.

Best,

John
(678) 365-0435
jay_dub@mac.com

fotometria gr

• www.fotometria.gr
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2011, 03:57:25 pm »

Steve, yes the Hasselblad HC lenses are (majority) assembled in Fuji lens operations in Japan - Fuji design engineers work with the Hasselblad optics team in Sweden to advise on manufacturing relative to new lens design - recently the improvements in the 50mm and 120macro, as well as the launch of the 28mm (widest in MF at the time) and the 35-90 Zoom (first application of the aspherical lens element in MF.)

The final lens assembly is completed in Sweden and includes the installation of the central lens shutter, final assembly testing, and Q/A before finding a home in the photographer's hands.

My personal experience has been excellent optical performance relative to the CF lenses, and this is usually the first question asked by photographers exploring the Hasselblad H-system and the resale value is maintained over the life of the lens.

Best,

John
Hi John. Do you happen to know or heart any linking info about Hass preparing a FF innovative DSLR? Is there any chance that we see a Hass product with sensor made by Fuji? Do they consider a new product having a smaller area sensor than 33x44? Regards, Theodoros. www.fotometria.gr

jduncan

« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2011, 06:47:39 am »

Hi John. Do you happen to know or heart any linking info about Hass preparing a FF innovative DSLR? Is there any chance that we see a Hass product with sensor made by Fuji? Do they consider a new product having a smaller area sensor than 33x44? Regards, Theodoros. www.fotometria.gr

It will be quite stunning if Hasselblad could do innovative work on a DSLR and at the same time keep with the features of the next generation from Nikon and Canon. The Nikon 1 is a proof of the tools and potential  that  Nikon has in hand for the next generation Nikons.

Let see what comes to us;

Best regards,

J. Duncan
english is not my first language, an I k

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2011, 07:48:40 am »

This thread is about hardware, or about art? Because I'm not confident about

I'm the OP. What i posted was about hardware rumors. Feel free to digress - as if I could stop you :)

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Hulyss

• H.Bowman
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2011, 10:40:40 am »

I'm kind of sad actually with all this moving technology marketing.

I'm about to invest seriously in medium format world.

It look like brands wanna kill themselves all together ! This pixel race from Sonikon is insane marketing. Sooooo many amateur photographers, even pros ( ;D) don't understand what is the benefit of large Sensor or film. So, like sheep's, they will think : "wwowooowooowww !! awesome !!! My beloved brand released a great camera. 36 millions pixels... ooo Blimey ! No need to buy that expensive Hasselblad H4D-31 or this leaf back at ONLY 22 Million pixels or even this Leica S2 who have only ONE million pixel in + LoL..."

We are watching very sad days of photo marketing :(
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 10:43:53 am by Hulyss »
Kind Regards -  Hulyss Bowman | hulyssbowman.com |

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2011, 11:49:37 am »

Hi,

So, Sony develops a better sensor. What is wrong with that?

Best regards
Erik

It look like brands wanna kill themselves all together ! This pixel race from Sonikon is insane marketing. Sooooo many amateur photographers, even pros ( ;D) don't understand what is the benefit of large Sensor or film. So, like sheep's, they will think : "wwowooowooowww !! awesome !!! My beloved brand released a great camera. 36 millions pixels... ooo Blimey ! No need to buy that expensive Hasselblad H4D-31 or this leaf back at ONLY 22 Million pixels or even this Leica S2 who have only ONE million pixel in + LoL..."

Erik Kaffehr

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2011, 12:08:09 pm »

Pixel race from Sony and Nikon? How exactly different from Hasselblad and Phase going from 22 MP to how many gazillion they are at now?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up