Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there a way to disable ANY noise filter in Phocus?  (Read 4674 times)

A.K.

• http://www.andreykulpin.com
Is there a way to disable ANY noise filter in Phocus?
« on: October 04, 2011, 12:13:22 pm »

Hello,
Here is the problem: I have several underexposed (something like -3ev) images on the image bank. The images are pushed to a balanced histogram. With the noise filter disabled in adjustments, phocus first displays a nice grainy image for a second, and then renders a blurred texture. The same result is exported.
So the question is: is there a way to completely disable noise adjustments during bayerization in phocus?
Regards,
 Andrey Kulpin [url=http://www.a

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
Re: Is there a way to disable ANY noise filter in Phocus?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 12:46:42 pm »

I used to take underexposed images like you mention and run them in Flexcolor where you can control the noise reduction, or export as DNG and run through lightroom.  Now you can *maybe* handle the images directly in Lightroom with the latest update.    If you stay in Phocus note that you can apply negative settings to the color noise reduction and this might help.   But I think LR3 is better for noise.
Rolleiflex USA

design_freak

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 12:54:26 pm »

I used to take underexposed images like you mention and run them in Flexcolor where you can control the noise reduction, or export as DNG and run through lightroom.  Now you can *maybe* handle the images directly in Lightroom with the latest update.    If you stay in Phocus note that you can apply negative settings to the color noise reduction and this might help.   But I think LR3 is better for noise.

Keep in mind that the newer equipment such as H3dII50 and H4D, CFV39 are not supported by Flexcolor.
Best regards,
DF

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 02:42:14 pm »

Hello,
Here is the problem: I have several underexposed (something like -3ev) images on the image bank. The images are pushed to a balanced histogram. With the noise filter disabled in adjustments, phocus first displays a nice grainy image for a second, and then renders a blurred texture. The same result is exported.
So the question is: is there a way to completely disable noise adjustments during bayerization in phocus?

Make sure the noise filter is activated and drag the slider to -10.
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

design_freak

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 02:47:03 pm »

Luminance slider :)
Best regards,
DF

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 09:14:37 pm »

David,
Yes applying a negative setting in the NR panel is one of the solutions I wrote about but can you tell us 1) if the NR panel is not active does the default NR apply? 2) when you set the luminous and color NR sliders all the way to the left is the NR really turned off?   

It does look like something is still being done to the files even with it all the way left....

Thanks,
Eric
Rolleiflex USA

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 04:11:49 am »

David,
Yes applying a negative setting in the NR panel is one of the solutions I wrote about but can you tell us 1) if the NR panel is not active does the default NR apply? 2) when you set the luminous and color NR sliders all the way to the left is the NR really turned off?   

It does look like something is still being done to the files even with it all the way left....

Thanks,
Eric

I wouldn't bother adjusting the colour slider.

If the noise panel is not active that you are applying the default amount regardless which is '0'.  In the case of A.K. he may benefit from moving the Lumincance slider to -10.

D
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager
Pages: [1]   Go Up