Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FS: Rollei 56Mpxl System - Hy6/AFi + Leaf AFi-II 10; AFD lenses, and more  (Read 10117 times)

bradleygibson

• http://GibsonPhotographic.com

As some of my friends are aware, after long deliberation, I've decided to part with my 56 megapixel medium format setup.  With work and a young family, despite my best efforts, I'm simply not using the system nearly enough to justify my investment in it.

I would like to hold off on sales of individual line items until after the camera and back have sold.  The camera/back buyer will get first crack at the rest of the system, and following that, remaining components will be offered for sale.

Leaf AFi-II 10 kit:
   * Leaf AFi camera; updated to latest firmware by DHW (3.10a3)
   * Leaf AFi-II 10 56 megapixel digital back; updated to Leaf's new firmware for updated UI and faster performance
   * Rollei/Schneider Xenotar AFD 80mm f/2.8 PQS lens + Bay VI to 67mm B+W F-Pro MRC UV filter
   * Leaf AFi waist level finder
   * Original batteries + 6 additional 3rd party batteries
   * Original tethering cables, manuals, cleaning cloths
   * Leaf hard case

This kit has a Bill Maxwell Precision Optic custom Hi-Lux focusing screen with diagonal split recticle for precise focus.  It is not engraved (so if you upgrade to a II-12 or any other digital back someday, you will not need to buy a new $400 screen)--it has an acetate overlay indicating framing.

Asking $22K USD or €16.2K OBRO.  Sale is open to buyers worldwide; closing price will be exclusive of payment fees, shipping, insurance, etc.

Buyer will have first option to any of the following accessory equipment:
Schneider AFD 50mm f/2.8 PQS lens:  $tbd
Schneider PC-S 55mm f/3.5 PQ tilt-shift lens: $tbd
Schneider AFD 180mm f/2.8 PQ lens + 95mm B+W F-Pro MRC UV filter: $tbd
Schneider 300mm Apo-Tele-Xenar f/4 PQ lens + 95mm B+W F-Pro MRC UV filter: $tbd
Rollei AF Longar 1.4x teleconverter: $tbd
Rollei Longar 1.4x teleconverter (for manual focus lenses): $tbd

Rolleiflex branded 90° viewfinder for Hy6/AFi: $tbd
Rolleiflex branded waist level finder for Hy6/AFi: $tbd
Rollei Auto-Extension Bellows: $tbd
Rollei Hy6/AFi remote cable release: $tbd

Really Right Stuff Arca-Swiss compatible plate with dual screws (anti-twist) and (removable) dual safety stops: $tbd

Series of Cokin X-Pro filters (170mm x 130mm) to cover huge medium format lenses (available as a set or individually): $tbd
X-121L gray grad
X-121M gray grad
X-121S gray grad
X-121 gray grad
X-164 circular polarizer (130mm diameter)
X-160 linear polarizer (130mm diameter; use with X-164 as a variable ND)
X-Pro holder
X-Pro 105x0.75 adapter ring
various rings to step up to 105mm

Item Condition:
All optics are pristine; items are in excellent condition, with, at most, minor signs of normal, careful use, except for the edge of the camera's hand grip, where a small crack in the plastic was repaired.  This happened almost a year ago; the camera has never been dropped or abused, but after packing in my bag, I retrieved it on location with ~3mm long crack in the gray plastic  at the top right corner of the handle grip.  It has been repaired with glue and there are no functional issues whatsoever.  If this is an issue for you, please let me know and we can work something out.  I will post pictures later this week.

Apologies for the $tbd's; I promised myself I would get this gear listed this weekend, and I am about to travel for a couple of days on business, so I put this up.  I will be online, so I should be able to keep in touch over the next couple of days.

For those who don't know me, I have bought and sold several medium format systems here, at GetDPI and on eBay, where I enjoy a 100% reputation.  We are a small community and I trade like a gentleman, expecting the same.  If you are local to the Seattle, WA area, you may visit and inspect any of the gear before purchasing.  Please let me know first, to arrange a suitable time.

Funds paid must clear before equipment ships.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

With kind regards,
-Brad

Edits:
  * Added RRS Arca-Swiss compatible camera plate
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 11:50:46 am by bradleygibson »
-Brad
 [url=http://GibsonPhotographic.com

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
Re: FS: Rollei System - Hy6/AFi + Leaf AFi-II 10; AFD lenses, and more
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 02:35:05 am »

The last time Brad sold out his Rollei stuff  :o  , I picked up a 300mm APO lens from him. Perfect transaction, completely hassle free, and I recommend him highly.
Rolleiflex USA

bradleygibson

Re: FS: Rollei System - Hy6/AFi + Leaf AFi-II 10; AFD lenses, and more
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 11:37:44 am »

Thank you, Eric.

Adding pictures of the system.  Shown here with the Rollei Schneider AFD Tele-Xenar 180mm f/2.8 PQ and the Rollei 90 degree finder.  Gorgeous system, and amazingly ergonomic with the tilting screen, tilting handle and internally rotating sensor.  Camera and all lenses come with original packaging.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 11:39:38 am by bradleygibson »
-Brad

jeanlucco

It is a shame that Brad wants to leave the MF world. He is a real gentleman, bought my 50 few months ago and everything has been smooth.
I have no experience with the 55 and 300 but based on my gears I can confirm that the system is absolutely stunning. Got my 180mm few days ago and I am still amaze by the accuracy and fast response of the AF, all coming on top of the quality of the image. IMHO the rotating sensor is one of the most Pros vs. the rest of the MF world.

BillOConnor

Brad;

oops, never mind, I see that the Hy6 has a different battery system. Thanks

I had the Rollei SLX and 6006 cameras and loved them except for one thing. The battery for those
cameras had little depth, they were very expensive and had to be replaced regularly. I've noticed that
you include some Rollei batteries and six 3rd party units. Is this still an issue with this camera. Li-ion
batteries hadn't been invented back then, so I'm hoping Rollei has gone to these.

Thanks,

Bill O'Connor
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 09:15:42 pm by BillOConnor »

David Klepacki

Hi Brad,

What about the lens hoods?  Do you have the genuine Rollei hoods for all of your lenses? Are they included?

David

BillOConnor

Brad;

Do you have a price for the Leaf, camera/80lens, 50, 180, 90 degree finder and remote release?

I can be reached at wish013@msn.com

Bill O'Connor

bradleygibson

Thanks, Jeanlucco!

Hi, Bill,

Compared to small format, batteries in medium format do indeed have "little depth".  Depending on your shooting environment, expect to use two in the back per day at a minimum.  The camera battery will last for many shooting sessions.

If both the back and the camera draw from the camera battery, then the camera battery will need to be replaced frequently.  Of course these are all fully rechargeable, and thus it is not expensive.  The rechargeable batteries are Li-Ion.  They're actually standard camcorder batteries.

Hi, David,
I have a hood for the 110/180mm, with original packaging.  It is not included with the lens.

Hi, Bill,
I'll price out those components this morning.  I should have something for you today.

Update: email sent.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 01:30:07 pm by bradleygibson »
-Brad

Graham Mitchell

Could you give me your price for the Schneider AFD 50mm f/2.8 PQS lens?

jeanlucco

is your AFi8II gone? thanks for feedback. jean-Luc

RAV

Re: FS: Rollei 56Mpxl System - Hy6/AFi + Leaf AFi-II 10; AFD lenses, and more
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2011, 11:16:31 am »

Please provide price for the 55mm PC lens.
email: rav@hybridsources.com
Thanks

malvenko

• http://www.malvenko.net
Re: FS: Rollei 56Mpxl System - Hy6/AFi + Leaf AFi-II 10; AFD lenses, and more
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2011, 10:43:28 pm »

I recently had a chance to see Brad's Rollei - it's a gorgeous setup.

Friendly bump for a gentleman - highly recommended seller.
If you ever drop your camera into a river of molten lava, let it go because... MAAAAAAN... it's gone!!

BillOConnor

Brad;

What has sold from your outfit? I notice the pictures do not load any more. Have you withdrawn the equipment?

Bill O'Connor

cnibley

Hello, I have the opportunity of purchasing an unused AFI-7. Could anyone tell me if they know of any repair or service for these camera (preferentially in the US)? I don't think Leaf (now with Mamiya) does any service. Thanks!!!

xianql

Will you consider sell hy6 body?
Pages: [1]   Go Up