Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canvas Stretching Machine  (Read 1740 times)

Luca Ragogna

• PicFoundry
Canvas Stretching Machine
« on: September 29, 2011, 10:43:35 am »

I think this is the machine I've decided to go with - http://www.canvas-stretching-machine.com/

Does anyone in Toronto have one that I can see operating?

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
Re: Canvas Stretching Machine
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 12:33:06 pm »

Looks cool!

Post back after you evaluate or buy.

John Nollendorfs

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 08:58:10 pm »

If you are stretching ten or more canvas' a day, this is probably the machine to get! Their video, sure makes it look easy. But of course, getting the corners look good on a gallery wrap is probably another story. Will look forward to your hands on report when you get it.

Another product to consider is from Cutting Edge Designs--
http://www.cuttingedgedesigns.org/

If you are only having to stretch  a few canvas' a day, this product works very well. I have the 30" model with the gallery wrap option. I routinely stretch 24X36 canvas', because the machine has an open throat design, allowing you to stretch the center portion only,  and then finish off the corners by hand.  If you need to do 60" canvas' on a regular basis, I would get the 60" model though. I figure from start to finish, it takes me less than 15 minutes to do a 24x36. (this includes time for assembling the stretchers, centering the canvas, triming and hand doing the corners)

I just "c-clamp" the machine to a table top to use. When not in use, I stand it upright in a corner. It is VERY solidly constructed of stainless steel, and has a unique design that provides the proper tension on the canvas without guess work.

The owner/designer doesn't have much marketing expertise, but this is a good product, and most reasonably priced for what it can do. 

Luca Ragogna

• PicFoundry
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 12:41:48 pm »

Thanks John, that looks like a great machine and I got a 60" quoted with the gallery wrap option and shipping. For the extra $1500 or so I think I'll go for the pneumatic machine. I tend to get orders of a bunch of canvases at a time and I'm hoping to get to the 10 or more a day mark soon.

John Nollendorfs

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 01:10:27 pm »

Luca:
Isn't that the way these jobs always go "I need 20 prints in 2 days stretched"? And then you sit on your hands for weeks before you get another sizable order. I just went through a period like that, still trying to catch up with all the work.

Let us know how the machine works out for you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up