Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Camera Raw videos?  (Read 4911 times)

mburke

Camera Raw videos?
« on: September 14, 2011, 12:50:26 pm »

I just purchased Photoshop CS5 and was wondering if the CS3 and CS4 add-on videos would be worthwhile as a tool for me to learn Photoshop or is it pretty outdated and there are other sources available. I have the new C2P video and really like the way they teach. In looking at the TOC of the CS3 & CS4 it looks like they have a photographer centric type of curriculum and I could pick up a basic understanding of what I'm doing. Any ideas on this or other videos available?

Thanks,

Mike

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
Re: Camera Raw videos?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 09:02:26 am »

'Basic understanding' is a good observation - I think you'll get quite a bit more too. Yes, it is a version old and therefore somewhat dated but the principles remain unchanged even if a few of the buttons & knobs have. The key to your purchase decision is whether you want a good grounding in RAW conversion; if so, the tutorial is still well worthwhile - but perhaps someone elase other that the creators should offer an opinion  ;D

Chris

mburke

Re: Camera Raw videos?
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 01:21:15 pm »

I purchased the Camera Raw videos and am really glad I did. I bought a Photoshop book that cost $50.00 but the videos were much better. It was great to be able to stop them and then work in Camera Raw to see exactly what he was talking about. I'm surprised more people didn't respond to my first post. This is some really nice learning video. I'm hoping the rest of Camera to Print will be as good.

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up