Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bought the i1Display Pro, then the 4900s went on sale, need to profile it  (Read 2105 times)

K.C.

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 671

I was cruising along nicely with my new 27" iMac calibrated by the new i1Display Pro and my 3800. Then the deal came along on the 4900s. So I bought one and now I need to profile it for Ilford and other manufacturers that don't supply good 4900 profiles.

So do I buy a ColorMunki and sell the i1Display Pro or move up to something better ?

Logged

shewhorn

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 537
    • http://
Re: Bought the i1Display Pro, then the 4900s went on sale, need to profile it
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 12:38:43 am »

I was cruising along nicely with my new 27" iMac calibrated by the new i1Display Pro and my 3800. Then the deal came along on the 4900s. So I bought one and now I need to profile it for Ilford and other manufacturers that don't supply good 4900 profiles.

So do I buy a ColorMunki and sell the i1Display Pro or move up to something better ?

I would recommend keeping what you have and hiring someone who has good eqiupment and experience building profiles to do it. You'll get much better results that way.

Cheers, Joe
Logged

pikeys

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 234
    • My Pics
Re: Bought the i1Display Pro, then the 4900s went on sale, need to profile it
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 08:56:59 am »

 KC,
  I strongly recommend  Eric..he does excellent profiling.

    http://people.csail.mit.edu/ericchan/photos/profiles.html


Mike

Logged

digitaldog

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 21652
  • Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: Bought the i1Display Pro, then the 4900s went on sale, need to profile it
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 10:22:50 am »

So do I buy a ColorMunki and sell the i1Display Pro or move up to something better ?

Only if you think you’ll end up making a lot more custom profiles. Then the ColorMunki Spectrophotometer would work well for that printer (and the iMac).
Logged
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

K.C.

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 671
Re: Bought the i1Display Pro, then the 4900s went on sale, need to profile it
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 11:21:29 pm »

Thanks for the replies !

Now the big decision. How many profiles will I need to make ?


Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up