Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PS 5 Purchase  (Read 2793 times)

thewanderer

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 106
PS 5 Purchase
« on: September 09, 2011, 03:44:16 pm »

Howdy,

I recently purchased the cs 5 version as download from adobe site.  After download, i realized that I had downloaded the windows version not the mac version and explained the item was downloaded, and a hard copy of disk was not purchased.

I sent support help question to adobe,  they tell me to send in the purchased item for refund and i can either purchase another copy or wait on a swap of platform in 30 days.

Well, I sent them back another followup saying that I did not buy the version from a store, that it was downloaded from the site,  they responded with send in your copy that you purchased and wait 30 days for refund, basically, same email response as the first one.

I have again sent in bold letters, that I did not buy a hard copy, i do not have a windows machine, there for have no use for a windows version, I understand the 30 day wait for refund, but I do not have a copy to send to receive refund. 

Now, is there something I am missing here in regards to download purchase that i can send back to them??!!   All I want is there confirmation that I am requesting refund for the product, how to do it and to proceed, but I keep getting the same thing back..I have tried waiting on a chat helper to converse with but that is a wash out as there is no idea when one is available.

Does anyone have any suggestion regarding how to handle this.  I just don't know how to return a downloaded item or explain it any simpler to the receiver on the other end to receive refund and reorder.

Sincerely,

thewanderer
Logged

Richowens

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 977
Re: PS 5 Purchase
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 04:34:06 pm »

What version did you pay for?  Mac? If so simply download the Mac version, install and apply the serial number Adobe gave you.

If it doesn't work, then call them.

You can also go to Adobe>My Account>My Products. If you have registered with Adobe your products along with serial numbers are listed.

Rich
Logged

Alan Goldhammer

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4349
    • A Goldhammer Photography
Re: PS 5 Purchase
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 05:20:07 pm »

Do what Rich says.  Adobe uses the serial number to authenticate the purchase of the software.  Since you never "installed" it, you have not had a chance to authenticate it yet.  Theoretically one could have PS installed on two computers with different OS (though why one would be running Mac OS and WinOS is beyond me) as the license allows you to use it on two (maybe 3, I can't remember) computers.
Logged

thewanderer

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 106
Re: PS 5 Purchase
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 08:06:46 pm »

i am upgrading from the older ps version cs 2.  I downloaded the cs5 upgrade and hit the windows version.  The upgrade cost is 199.00 and has been paid for.  If i try to download the ps 5 upgrade in the mac version, the will be hitting me for another 199.00.   They keep asking me to send the purchased cs 5 back for refund, and as I have said, I have told them three times, I only downloaded the product.  I just don't see how they can ask me to take back a downloaded version.  I don't want the windows version on my computer.  I have no use for it.   I only want to get the mac cs5 upgrade and pay one fee of 199.00   

I had a short chat with one of the chat people, explained what i was doing as i was going from old mac to new mac, he checked my license and said i only need to download cs 5.  Which I did, but my mistake was with the version (windows, not mac). 

If they insist on a return, how will i get a refund, I have no product to return.
Logged

AFairley

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1486
Re: PS 5 Purchase
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 09:01:33 pm »

I am assuming you set up an account with Adobe when you purchased.  If you log into your account, do you see an option to download the sw again (some sites have this in case a d/l fails or is corrupted), if so, you you have an option to choose the win/mac version on re-download?  Just thinking out loud.  Good luck.
Logged

wayne2193

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 28
Re: PS 5 Purchase
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 08:37:34 am »

Why not try calling them direct to straighten out your problem?

Wayne
Logged

PeterAit

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4647
    • Peter Aitken Photographs
Re: PS 5 Purchase
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2011, 05:24:19 pm »

You can download any version, PC or Mac, that you like. What you pay for is not the download, but the serial number that lets you activate the program and use it beyond the trial period.
Logged

Randy Carone

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 634
Re: PS 5 Purchase
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2011, 07:21:13 pm »

Simply download the Mac version and activate it . You may want to remove the Windows version before you load the Mac version.
Logged
Randy Carone
Pages: [1]   Go Up