Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: >>>))) Wicked (((<<<  (Read 3382 times)

JohnKoerner

>>>))) Wicked (((<<<
« on: September 06, 2011, 07:43:07 am »

These are not very good or "artistic" macro shots ... were the best 2 photos I could do in a high wind and I still think they are compelling enough to post.

Green Lynx with baby Green Anole kill ...

Last year, I had made the post The Amazing Green Lynx, and this latest find just confirms what sensational predators these spiders are. I only wish that it wouldn't have been so windy, so that I could have taken something better than just a "flash snapshot" of the scene.

Hope you enjoy the photos anyway,

Jack

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
Re: >>>))) Wicked (((<<<
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 01:21:52 am »

I've looked at these about half a dozen times. If you haven’t done so, you might want to solicit a few galleries about showing this work. These in particular are gristly but somehow captivating, as are many from the collection you've shown here. Good work!

JohnKoerner

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 04:39:07 pm »

Thanks Justan;

I agree that the images are grizzly and captivating for this reason alone. There is something shocking about a "simple" animal killing a "higher" animal. Nothing unusual about lizards eating spiders and insects, they do it all the time, but there seems to be something "wrong" with a spider reversing things and eating a lizard :o

So while I appreciate your comment, these photos may find their way into a book someday, but I honestly don't think they have any more value than that. The shots themselves really aren't all that great, but there is a certain drama about them I suppose.

Still, even if the air were perfectly still, and I was able to compose a tripod-taken shot in the best possible light, I just can't see someone hanging one of these on their wall

Cheers!

Jack

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 08:16:13 am »

I didn’t mean to suggest just the works in this thread, but in general. While I agree that galleries that show traditional forms of beauty probably wouldn’t be interested this kind of work, several galleries in this area that feature modern or contemporary art may be interested. I bet most bigger cities would be the same.

The attraction doesn’t necessarily have to be for perfection of vision or imagination that went into the capture, but for the uniqueness or novelty of the subject presentation. Some people are into predators and related and most are largely unaware of these intriguing 8 eyed alien looking predators. Anywho Mr. Google will lead you to galleries that show modern or contemporary art and you’ll never know if there is an interest you don’t try...

JohnKoerner

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 08:48:29 pm »

Hmm, interesting, thank you.

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 08:54:06 pm »

These are not very good or "artistic" macro shots ...
Jack,

You are a much better photographer than you are a critic.   ;)

Eric
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

JohnKoerner

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 09:21:36 pm »

LOL, thanks Eric

Pages: [1]   Go Up