Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Countryside  (Read 1362 times)

hjulenissen

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2051
Countryside
« on: September 05, 2011, 03:17:49 pm »

Interested to hear what you like and dislike about this, especially what I might have done differently.
Logged

RSL

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 16748
    • http://www.russ-lewis.com
Re: Countryside
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 05:24:55 pm »

Follow the yellow blue road?
Logged
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22813
  • http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Countryside
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 07:58:40 pm »

I would have liked a bit more on the right, to show blue road #1 joining (or turning into) blue road #2.
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

francois

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14432
Re: Countryside
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 02:43:29 am »

I like it as it is. The warm light offers a good contrast with the blue road. I'm not too bothered by the lack of space on the right. I probably make a virtual connection and see the just one road and not two merging roads.
Logged
Francois

hjulenissen

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2051
Re: Countryside
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 06:47:09 am »

Thank you for the kind response.

My thoughts:
-The sky is hot exposed, but there really was nothing interesting to be seen there. Not shure how to treat it in lightroom
-I have used a software "GND" to even out the light, and played with colors to make it look more like I remember it. Not sure if I went overboard
-What intrigued me with the scene was how the trees looked with strong, yellow-cast side-lighting. Not sure if the image conveys that.
Logged

Justan

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1928
    • Justan-Elk.com
Re: Countryside
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 11:32:15 am »

I really like this image. Were this mine I would darken the sky a bit, but only a bit, and to bring out the cloud details and other details a little more, I’d sharpen the image a tad as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up