Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: suggestion for iPhone/iPad compatible proofing web galleries?  (Read 5076 times)

bmarvin

suggestion for iPhone/iPad compatible proofing web galleries?
« on: August 22, 2011, 09:30:45 pm »

wondering if any of you have found any clean iphone/ipad friendly proofing galleries for sending to your clients.  I frequently create quick web galleries from lightroom or photoshop to send over to clients for review but the current one i use is flash based and i'm not really sold on the html ones that adobe has packaged.  I also used to create them via my clickbooq account but it quickly eats up your maximum amount of images in your archive

all the ones that i've seen online are more geared to the portrait guys with print ordering capabilities and such which i have no interest in and I'm just looking for a simple, clean, and iphone/ipad experience esque solution.  below is an example web gallery that i would send to a client for review but also as an example of a type of project for a new client to review.

clickbooq gallery
http://blakemarvin.com/home.html?lb=264ef8744e366d5

lightroom gallery
http://images.hksinc.com/las-ventanas/

any help would be greatly appreciated.  thanks!

Blake
blakemarvin.com
Blake

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Re: suggestion for iPhone/iPad compatible proofing web galleries?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 08:46:25 am »

Have you considered SlideShowPro? It integrates nicely with Lightroom and simultaneously provides Flash and nonFlash content. I've got an example here of the combo in action, so view it on a Mac/PC and then on iPad to see what you can accomplish.

Your workflow from Lightroom would then be to export JPEGs up to Director (they provide a free Lightroom plugin) rather than going through Web. Once everything is uploaded, you see the "album" in a browser and can change options like transitions, sizes, watermarks, add music if you wish, or even allow the visitor to download full size JPEGs if you trust the client. It then generates some HTML for you to paste onto a web page. You'd provide an individual url to the client and they would see a Flash gallery or HTML if they're using a Flash-crippled device. There are other routes to use SlideShowPro.

You could go for their Director solution where they host your images (no limits on quantity or bandwidth) and then display them using the SlideshowPro Flash gallery. So it's Director (hosted) and SlideshowPro Standalone you'd have to buy.

So much though depends on the tech skills and budget you have available.

John

bmarvin

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 11:10:55 am »

thanks for the suggestion john. i used to be a fan of ssp a long time ago pre iPhone and wasn't aware they updated to have mobile device friendly sites.  I like the concept of director but i wish you didn't have to create your own html documents.  i've got a photo shelter account and like it but wish the galleries it sent out were a little more mobile friendly (they are html but more scaled for a desktop screen).
Blake

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 11:31:34 am »

I mentioned pasting into html documents more to show how low tech SSP/Director could be, but there are other ways of providing client galleries without that sort of thing. Still, now you say you have Photoshelter I suspect that's the best route for you to take. There are lots of customisation options there, so I'd be surprised if there wasn't a gallery (maybe based on jQuery) that would work. It might even be possible to get SSP to read directly from Photoshelter?

John

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 11:45:26 am »

Just looked a bit deeper.... What you saw if you looked at my site was SSP displayed through their Slidepress plugin for Wordpress. Slidepress seems to access Photoshelter content via an RSS feed. So you might use WP to set up pages for clients with passwords if you wished, and then the SSP/Slidepress combo would handle the computer/iPad issues. It looks feasible.
Pages: [1]   Go Up