Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What makes a photographer collectable? CONTINUATION  (Read 2676 times)

biggiesnows

What makes a photographer collectable? CONTINUATION
« on: August 12, 2011, 12:02:55 am »

This is a continuation of What makes a photographer collectable? because the page I was posting on was behaving strangely and I had to start a new post.

As I was saying before, a photographer's perceived importance is of great significance when trying to sell photos for high dollar sums. This can be achieved in both rational and irrational ways and usually is a combination of both in a marketing plan. Both the rational and the irrational approaches strive to raise one's profile amongst the photographer's target clientele. What I'm calling a rational approach would be becoming well known, say for example, by publishing knowledgeable articles in the photography media on a regular basis. This would raise one's credibility and visibility. What might be called an irrational approach would be framing a not terribly exceptional print in an very expensive frame in order to raise it's perceived value.

It's getting late. Thanks for reading and I'll try to continue this discussion tomorrow.

Ellis Vener

• http://www.ellisvener.com
Re: What makes a photographer collectable? CONTINUATION
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 02:51:20 pm »

"What I'm calling a rational approach would be becoming well known, say for example, by publishing knowledgeable articles in the photography media on a regular basis. This would raise one's credibility and visibility."

Only among photographers. Are you trying to sell limited edition high end prints to photographers?

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: What makes a photographer collectable? CONTINUATION
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 01:15:41 am »

This is a continuation of What makes a photographer collectable? because the page I was posting on was behaving strangely and I had to start a new post.

User error on your part...it's silly (and kinda stupid) to have dual posts competing with each other...ya really need to learn how to use the forums (and dual posting ain't the way).
Pages: [1]   Go Up