Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Phase One-Photo Phase Plus Scanner Back  (Read 7606 times)

Illuminations

Phase One-Photo Phase Plus Scanner Back
« on: August 10, 2011, 09:31:04 am »

For sale 4 x 5 scanner back 103mb per capture at maximum. SCSI cable, infrared filter, software, manual.
2.7" x 4" scanning area, Capture rate over 30 mb per minute, designed for stationary subjects only.

michaelnotar

Re: Phase One-Photo Phase Plus Scanner Back
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 02:20:32 am »

can you pls tell me some more tech specs about the back as well as price and where you are located

Illuminations

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 02:41:12 am »

Hi
The back requires a SCSI (Scuzzy)sp? connection with the computer so a mac operating with OS9 or a pc with SCSI.  Equivalent ISO of 800 with the filter (which cuts the infra red).  It is a scanner back so it is the highest resolution you will find with digital and is for still subjects because it can take a few minutes for an exposure with tungsten ( hot lights) 32 bit internal color depth generates 24 bit RGB tiff file, capture rate of 30MB/minute 103 MB maximum but I rarely used it all. at 300 dpi that would give you a 17 x 23" image. The back slips into a 4x5 view camera like a film holder. The scan area is 2.76" x 4" which allows you to use standard lenses on the camera, some digital backs require you to use very wide lenses to get typical shots.  Sorry if I am too basic I don't know your background. I am in Naperville, Illinois, near Chicago but am about to move  along the Mississippi River.  I am hoping for $1100. 
I hope this answers your questions feel free to ask anything else and let me know if you are still considering it
Thanks
Steve
630-772-5747

michaelnotar

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 02:31:15 pm »

hmm i dont have os 9, any luck with using an adapter scsi to usb or anything? i have a current mac pro with os 10.5. so its max size is 17x23 at 300 at 8 bit per channel tifs? can it do 16 bit (sure not a true 16 but would like the full 32 of info).

Illuminations

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 03:23:25 pm »

I do not believe that this back is supported by anything but SCSI which ends at OS9 I have run it on a G4 with 9 & 10.2.  I have a mac OS3 lap top I would throw in that has run the back but has limited memory, or for an additional offer I would consider including the G4, Shipping for either is more of an issue.  I do not know about SCSI and PCs but it should run on a PC
Steve

michaelnotar

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 04:20:06 pm »

ya doesnt sound like it work for me due to connections. thanks anyways and good luck
Pages: [1]   Go Up