Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is Windows Seven Overriding my Calibration Profiles?  (Read 3109 times)

therock

Is Windows Seven Overriding my Calibration Profiles?
« on: July 13, 2011, 03:14:49 pm »

Hi, First post here and I did search but seem to be a loss for the correct terms.

First some stats:
I Have a very clean and stable Q6600 CPU PC running Windows7 Pro x64.
ATI Radeon HD 3650 GPU
Samsung 215TW displays
CS5
Sony Vegas Pro 10.0d
Eye1 Display2

When I run my calibration with an Eye1 Display 2 I get good results temporarily. The first thing I notice is sometime or another the clean gray colors in windows and programs seem to get corrupted with a yellowish or greenish hue or tint. What ever it is it ruins my clean gray.I have searched many places an hope you guys have seen this and have a solution.

Thanks   

Paul Sumi

Re: Is Windows Seven Overriding my Calibration Profiles?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 05:18:54 pm »

I notice you're using Photoshop CS5.  Was Adobe Gamma installed?  Your monitor may be double-profiled, thus causing the tints.

If this is the case, here's a thread that discusses how to disable Adobe Gamma.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2853981

Not saying this is THE cause of your problem, but it's a possibility.

Paul

therock

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 05:39:51 pm »

Thanks, But no Gamma here. What about AMD's Catalyst control Center? Perhaps I should uninstall it and load only the bare necessity drivers? I just went in there and found reset to default buttons and did it and it improved. And There is a selection to "Follows Windows Scheme".

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 07:40:50 pm »

I have an ATI Radeon video card but never installed the catalyst control center as it seemed to be oriented towards game players which I am not.  Just the driver was installed.  A couple of things to check.  Make sure that you have the most current driver (you will need to go to their website and check) as these are updated quite frequently and I've seen flaky issues with my monitor if there has been several Windows updates.  Second, check to make sure that you only have one ICC Profile for your monitor.  Control Panel -> Color Management will pull this up.  You should see the i1 created profile as the default.  If there is a second one there you can probably delete it since it is not what you are after.

therock

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 08:02:05 pm »

Thank You,

As I was waiting for reply's here as I said in my last post I noticed when tooling around in Catalyst Control Center (CCC) there were some display adjustment options I have never touched. For Kicks and Giggles I selected the "Return to Defaults" button and mercy sakes the changes that happened were blatantly noticeable.

I just had to feel this was causing a conflict some place. So I uninstalled CCC, downloaded and installed the plain Jane essential display driver from AMD, reset my display settings to factory, and started up my i1D2 calibration and so far the new calibration is holding strong.

I also noted the settings numbers were different than before with CCC installed. Such as the brightness was 20 with CCC and now 30 with CCC removed and so on.

If this calibration holds for a day or so I will know I have found the culprit. CCC seems to be dirty software for me.     

Pages: [1]   Go Up