Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are Benro arca style plates conpaitible with Kirk ballhead  (Read 1805 times)

NigelC

Are Benro arca style plates conpaitible with Kirk ballhead
« on: July 08, 2011, 12:56:22 pm »

Looking for a reasonably priced lens plate to fit both EF 300F4L IS and 100F2.8L IS (tripod collar D, when it arrives) Benro ones seem to have double dovetail - do they fit or will I have to pay for Wimberly P20?

dmelissa

Re: Are Benro arca style plates conpaitible with Kirk ballhead
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 11:00:06 pm »

Hi Nigel - no direct experience with the Benro lens plate, but I have a Benro head on my monopod and a Kirk BH3 on my tripod.  The generic plate that came with the Benro fits the Kirk head just fine.

NigelC

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 04:34:44 am »

Hi Nigel - no direct experience with the Benro lens plate, but I have a Benro head on my monopod and a Kirk BH3 on my tripod.  The generic plate that came with the Benro fits the Kirk head just fine.

Thats good 'cos i've ordered a Benro lens plate at half the cost of the Wimberly one.

Ellis Vener

• http://www.ellisvener.com
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 10:22:00 am »

Should fit without a problem. I've used a Benro/Induro plate with clamps from RRS ( screw drive not lever locking), Arca-Swiss  (both screw drive and adjustable width lever locking), Foba, Acra-Tech and even a really old screw drive Kirk clamp for about a year.
Pages: [1]   Go Up