Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Colour Management Training - South Australia, or somewhere - Help!  (Read 1741 times)

adam z

Hi

I have decided that I would like to do some training on colour management aimed specifically at photo editing and print matching. I would like to develop the skills and knowledge to work to a highly critical level, for example, where one might need to exactly match a print sat howing clothing or some other product for a catalogue or ad campaign colour to the fabric/product itself.

I live in Adelaide, South Australia, and am wondering where to start in my search for this information. Ideally, I would like to train "on the job" by finding suitable employment. That may not be easy to find, so I would also be happy to study part time - preferably online training if it exists. I know there are workshops from time to time and am sure they are valuable in their own way, but I would like something more long term.

Any advice most welcome.
Adam

PhilipCummins

Re: Colour Management Training - South Australia, or somewhere - Help!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 10:45:30 pm »

Probably worthwhile inquiring at Kayell or Image Science to see if they can handle something for you in South Australia. Once you've gotten started I guess you could use the knowledge to build upon and experiment with however you will probably need to invest in getting your own gear (like a Colormunki Photo to take samples + display calibration, then use Argyll for more intensive printer profiling).

Farmer

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 02:23:19 am »

Two good suggestions from Philip.  I might also suggest Graphic Arts Supplies in Adelaide or to contact Les Walkling.
Phil Brown

adam z

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 09:15:42 am »

Excellent. Thanks very much for the suggestions. Will look into these options when I have some spare time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up