Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Winter Trip  (Read 2367 times)

jwjohnson

• http://www.jjsviewbox.com/
Winter Trip
« on: December 17, 2004, 04:33:45 pm »

The main road through Grand Teton Park is open all winter.  Lot's of great places to stop and shoot.  Snake River Overlook, Oxbow Bend are among my favorites.  Its often quite cold.  Here's a link to a photo I took there on Christmas morning 2 years ago.  (25 below (farenheit)).  

Tetons - First Light

The National Elk Refuge is usually full at this time of year as well, so take a long lens if you are interested in them.  You can usually find some moose and bison as well.  Have fun.

PhotoPops

Winter Trip
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2004, 06:47:05 pm »

Has anyone been to Jackson Hole in Winter?

I am heading out to Jackson Hole Tuesday for 5 days. Hopefully no more storms as the past few days the airport was closed due to snow and high winds.

I have never seen the area in winter and am excited. You can get very decent airfares at this time before the big ski crowds hit in January.

I have a snowmobile rental and a dogsled trip reserved for Togwotee pass one day. Also get in some skiing. Hopefully they open up some of the bowls and steep runs in Jackson Hole resort next week. I have never rode the Jackson Hole resorts. I am hoping to get some action powder shots of the the ski runs if they are open. Tommy Moe and some other pros will be there for a workshop.

Also of course looking forward to getting some decent winterland photos. They have a pretty good covering now with the recent storms that hit Western Wyoming. I am more into travel photos(the postcard type photos Michael Reichmann describes) than fine art like many here but
will share some when I return...I have some from October's trip at www.phototracks.net

howard smith

Winter Trip
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 06:25:43 am »

jw, very nice image of first light.  The overlook is a well photographed place, but the blue light in the valley just looks and feels cold.  -25F!  I think it adds much to the image to not have tried to correct the color to more green.  Then the light on the peaks contrasts to warm.  The composition is good too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up