Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon IPF 5100 Vs x300 Series  (Read 2015 times)

ippolitois

Canon IPF 5100 Vs x300 Series
« on: June 21, 2011, 11:17:55 am »

I'm interested in this printer to finally replace my Epson. I'm wasting too much time with the Epson and need something just print and go. I'm looking for a 17" printer and the 5100 seems to fit the bill, but I was wondering if was worth waiting for a 5300 or equivalent. Can someone shed some light as to what the differences are between the x100 and x300 series Canon printers? Is the difference worth the wait?  My needs are up 16x24 and I primarily print 5x7 to 11x14.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Paul

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
Re: Canon IPF 5100 Vs x300 Series
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 03:23:09 am »

I'm interested in this printer to finally replace my Epson. I'm wasting too much time with the Epson and need something just print and go. I'm looking for a 17" printer and the 5100 seems to fit the bill, but I was wondering if was worth waiting for a 5300 or equivalent. Can someone shed some light as to what the differences are between the x100 and x300 series Canon printers? Is the difference worth the wait?  My needs are up 16x24 and I primarily print 5x7 to 11x14.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Paul

I'd seriously consider iPF6300 - it's not much bigger, not much more expansive. Printing from 24" roll is more convenient and cheaper, even for smaller formats, and it gives you opportunity - for example - to print on canvas, or to make 12x12" photobook/portfolio.

As for x300 differences, in comparison to former LUCIA II new LUCIA EX has
- 20% wider gamut
- better scrach resistance
- reduced bronzing and gloss differential
- higher dMax, smoother shadows, better print evenness
Marcin Kałuża | [URL=http://zarzadzaniebarwa

ippolitois

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 03:35:35 pm »

As much as I would love to get a 6300, I can only accommodate a 5100. I report to a much higher being, and this is not negotiable without incurring large legal fee and the wrath from the superior being.

When you mentioned wider gamut, and smoother shadows, does this pertain to all types of paper or more for the Ilford Gold Fiber Silk's of the world. Would I benefit from this wider gamut for my every day paper Inkpress Luster? I've always wondered if I would benefit from a newer printer that reports to have a wider gamut?

Thanks for the reply and any additional info you might have.

Paul

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 03:41:22 am »

When you mentioned wider gamut, and smoother shadows, does this pertain to all types of paper or more for the Ilford Gold Fiber Silk's of the world. Would I benefit from this wider gamut for my every day paper Inkpress Luster? I've always wondered if I would benefit from a newer printer that reports to have a wider gamut?

I suppose you would benefit from new inkset on every RC paper. Wider gamut is important only if you have very saturated colors on your image, but you also have higher contrast, less bronzing and gloss differential, and - last but not least - the scratch resistance is visibly improved.
Marcin Kałuża | [URL=http://zarzadzaniebarwa
Pages: [1]   Go Up