Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sending images by email  (Read 4184 times)

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
sending images by email
« on: August 03, 2005, 08:13:21 pm »

Best quality would be TIFF or some other uncompressed format, but that will usually result in the mail being bounced by one of the servers due to being too large. So the best practical option is JPEG, with quality setting between 8 and 10 to keep compression artifacts to a minimum.

Gordon Buck

• LightDescription
sending images by email
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 10:55:18 am »

I'd like to be proven wrong on this but it seems that Hotmail modifies image attachments.  If you *send* an image from Hotmail then be sure to attach it as a "file" and not as a "picture" because Hotmail reduces picture sizes and adds compression.  Also, it seems that a jpg image is *received* in a Hotmail account as a bitmap.  

The above appears to be true for both the free and subscription Hotmail accounts.  If not, someone please tell me how to how to avoid this problem!
Gordon
 [url=http://lightdescription.blog

jani

• Øyet
sending images by email
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 03:04:09 pm »

Shuck Hotmail in the garbage bin and get a sensible webmail service, without all those graphical ads and stuff.

So for those registered LL forum members:

I have spare gmail invites enough for the foreseeable future, send me a PM with your current email address, and I'll invite you.
Jan

grosvenor

sending images by email
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2005, 07:04:10 pm »

What is the best way to send images by email for high quality?

grosvenor

sending images by email
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2005, 09:25:52 pm »

Thanks

Paul Sumi

sending images by email
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2005, 11:58:39 am »

The above appears to be true for both the free and subscription Hotmail accounts.  If not, someone please tell me how to how to avoid this problem!
Perhaps if you put the JPG(s) in a ZIP file?  Not sure, but the images shouldn't be compressed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up