Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR 3, Epson 3800 and 12x13 inch paper. How to?  (Read 924 times)

nma

LR 3, Epson 3800 and 12x13 inch paper. How to?
« on: June 15, 2011, 08:54:15 pm »

I need some experienced advice or good intuition. I am about to try the Moab Chinle double-sided album pages. The physical size of the page is 12x13 in, with binding-post-holes pre-punched on the long end. The question is how to set the printing parameters for the Epson 3800, using Lightroom 3?  The Epson 3800 driver supports 12x12 inch as a standard paper size. Can I just select that option, setting the paper size to 12x12 and load the sheet into the rear slot? That way there will be an extra inch of paper when the print finishes but I am not sure if it will eject on completion or be stuck in the printer.

If you know the answer please tell me.
If you have some intuition, let me know.

Thanks

howardm

Re: LR 3, Epson 3800 and 12x13 inch paper. How to?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 08:53:29 am »

if it were me, I'd define a custom paper size in the driver (it should support that) and then define (in LR) a print preset w/ an appropriately sized 'cell' (the bounds of the image)

nma

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 10:43:56 am »

if it were me, I'd define a custom paper size in the driver (it should support that) and then define (in LR) a print preset w/ an appropriately sized 'cell' (the bounds of the image)

Thank you for the suggestion. I did that and it works fine!

For others following a similar path, there was one gottha: Working under Windows 7, the definition of the new paper size CANNOT be made while in Lightroom. One must go to the devices and printer module in the Win7 control panel, double click the Epson 3800 printer to bring up the driver. Then it is easy to choose the user defined paper size which, in turn, brings up a GUI in which you can define the new paper size. I defined it as width=12 and Height=13 inch, then rotated the image in the LR develop module so that it  was in portrait orientation.  Rotation is 180 degrees different for front and back of a page.

howardm

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 02:10:40 pm »

right,  in general (I use a Mac), you need to define new paper sizes in the printer driver directly, not inside the LR application.
Pages: [1]   Go Up