Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PS CS Camera Raw  (Read 2601 times)

Lisa Nikodym

• http://www.stanford.edu/~melkor/lisa_pictures/lisa_pictures.html
PS CS Camera Raw
« on: May 23, 2005, 10:03:48 pm »

I would guess that what's going on is that you installed the Nikon software (that came with your D70) on your computer, and it has grabbed control of your RAW files away from PS.  That's not a PS window you're seeing, but a Nikon window.  (It happened to me shortly after I got my D70.  )  What you need to do to give control back to PS is to uninstall the part of the Nikon software that is responsible for RAW conversions, or, if you don't know exactly which part that is (someone else here might be able to tell you what to look for), uninstall the Nikon software from your computer entirely (like I did).

Lisa
[url=http://www.stanford.edu/~melkor/lis

Jazsax95

PS CS Camera Raw
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2005, 08:36:34 pm »

Can someone help me?  I am new to photoshop (using CS), and I was watching the LLVJ 12 workflow segment to start my own workflow.  But when I load a picture from the file browser, I don't see the same screen Michael gets to in Camera Raw.  I'm using a Nikon D70, and when I pick a photo, PS asks if I want to open the file brighter/darker or change the white balance BEFORE the picture loads.  I don't alter anything, and the picture loads.  There is just the photo in its own window with no histogram or adjustment dials to do what Michael does with the shadows and highlights, etc.  Am I doing something wrong?  Does it matter what camera I use?  Please help if you've experienced this or if you know the answer.  And sorry if this has been discussed; I no longer have fast interet and cannot search the forum all day.  Thanks so much.

Sam

francois

PS CS Camera Raw
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2005, 05:06:20 am »

Sam,
You may find the answer to your question on Adobe support site. This link explains how to remove the Nikon plug-in.
Francois
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up